Thread: Initiate gallery from a single image

New user

Default Initiate gallery from a single image

Hi there.

I've been struggling to get the gallery-extension to open from a single image in an article. Can anybody tell me how I do this? Shouldn't it just be going into an article and selecting "new element" and then "gallery". When I do this there is no option on using a single image to launch the gallery.

Can anybody help me?

Thank you
    /Njilski

User

Default Re: Initiate gallery from a single image

I'm not sure I understand. You want to have a single image link to a gallery?

You would create a page with a single image on it. When this image is clicked, it would link to a second page with a gallery on it?

Is that the basic idea?

New user

Hi Justin and thanks for your reply.

The basic idea is that I would like to initiate the lightbox-gallery from clicking a single image from an article page. I have also thought about making a second page with gallery on it as an alternative, but would prefer if the gallery would load as lightbox so I didn't have to make too many pages.

Best regards
    Andreas

Edited the gallery_default.tpl
    OM MANI PEME HUNG! how many has to die for freedom and dignity. Save this world

New user

Thanks for the comeback Tsarma.

I thought about that I might need to edit the template, but can't see my way through how to do it. Can you tell me how you edited the gallery_default.tpl if you have already made this modification?

Thank you.

For example :

Code:
    <?php $i=0; ?>
    <?php foreach ($this->body as $class=>$row): ?>
    <?php foreach ($row as $col): ?>
    <?php if (!$col->addImage): ?>
    <?php else: ?>
    <?php if($i<=0):?>
      	 <div class="image_container"<?php if ($col->margin): ?> style="<?php echo $col->margin; ?>"<?php endif; ?>>
    		<?php if ($col->href): ?>
        	<a href="<?php echo $col->href; ?>"<?php echo $col->attributes; ?> title="<?php echo $col->alt; ?>">
        		[img]<?php echo $col->src; ?>[/img]imgSize; ?> alt="<?php echo $col->alt; ?>" />
        	</a>
    		<?php $i++; else: ?>
    	  		[img]<?php echo $col->src; ?>[/img]imgSize; ?> alt="<?php echo $col->alt; ?>" />
    		<?php endif; ?>
      	</div>
    <?php else :?>
        	<a href="<?php echo $col->href; ?>"<?php echo $col->attributes; ?> title="<?php echo $col->alt; ?>" class="invisible">
        		[img]<?php echo $col->src; ?>[/img]alt; ?>" />
        	</a>
    <?php endif; ?>
    <?php endif; ?>
    <?php endforeach; ?>
    <?php endforeach; ?>
    Please be warned I didn't test it in all situations, may be you can improve it much better.
    OM MANI PEME HUNG! how many has to die for freedom and dignity. Save this world

New user

Thank you so much for your reply.

I will test it later this week and if I'm able to improve it, I will contact you and give you an update

/Andreas