Thread: Updating member account without changing password.

New user

Default Updating member account without changing password.

Is it possible in typolight to change members account without chnging members password? We need to update member fields quite often in our installation, but have not find a way how to do it without re-entering members password, which I don't know. Registration of members is done by our employee, but members have the oprion to change password. After they change their passord, we are not able to update their account without entering a new password.

Have I missed something or is this a feature? Is there any workaround?

Thanks for ideas.

User

Default Re: Updating member account without changing password.

Uhm... Just go to the Members module in the backend and change whatever fields you want to change and click save. You don't need a password for that.

New user

Thanks for the reply, at least I know that it works in some installations. It unforunatelly does'nt in mine. I am getting error, saying that password in the confirmation field doesn't match the password in the password field. Problem is that when editing memeber account, password field has a value, but the confirmation field is empty. Is this the same when you edit memeber account?

Well, I will try to upgrade to current version maybe it will help.

User

There is no values in either pw nor confirm pw fields when updating a member account... They are empty.
    The memeber account password isn't changed until I enter a new pw in both fields.

Sounds a bit strange... So, you say that it's "dots" in the pw field and nothing in the confirm pw field when you open a member account in back end in your Contao?

Edit: You're not editing the member accounts in front end are you? Just so that we are 100% clear... Stupid question, I know, cause you can't really do that...

Edit 2: Try the demo at http://demo.contao.org/contao/ and you'll see what it should look like...

New user

Sounds a bit strange... So, you say that it's "dots" in the pw field and nothing in the confirm pw field when you open a member account in back end in your Contao?
    That is exactly right.

I tried to delete the dots from pw field and it works without change of the current password.

Thanks for help.

User

Strange... But, if it works, don't fix it.
    Maybe the problem will go away after the next update (maybe you're using an old version?).

This is most likely because your browser inserts your backend password (which you saved for the login page) into the password field. There is a HTML5 attribute which prevents auto fill-in – maybe someone can write a ticket for using this attribute for every DCA-password field?

User

Just in case someone else experiences this problem...

I didn't have any problems with this before i started using Google Chrome when updating my Contao pages. But now when I'm saving any changes to a member profile the password box is filled automatically and the password must be entered in the confirm field to be able to save the changes. This can be fixed by altering the browser settings but I like to have this feature activated.

So, to cut things short. Try clearing the password field from the password and leave that and the confirmation field blank when saving. This works fine for me!