Thread: index.php in URLs

New user

Default index.php in URLs

Hi!

All my URL's state "index.php" between the domainname and the subpage titles.
    F.e.: http://www.euro-yachtcharter.de/index.p ... arans.html

No idea how it got there and no idea how to get rid of it.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Julia

User

Default Re: index.php in URLs

Go to settings and check the "Rewrite URLs" checkbox. Then make sure that you rename the _.htaccess (or .htaccess.default depending on version) to .htacess in your TL root (using your FTP-software or similar).

New user

Thanks Supermatz, for the quick answer!

But before I can follow up your advise, I just encountered a new problem: I suddenly can't log in with my own and with the admin password anymore! Passwords were recently changed, but yesterday, everything still worked! Any idea what's wrong and how to fix this?

Thanks again!

Julia

User

I won't ask if you've forgot-the-Caps lock on.

Do you get a "Login failed!" ("Anmeldung fehlgeschlagen!") message or something like that when trying to login to back end? I suppose you do, but anyway.
    Have you done an upgrade of your TYPOlight/Contao recently (like yesterday or today)?

Can you log on to the install.php page (yourdomain/typolight/install.php or for Contao yourdomain/contao/install.php)?

Edit: I just tested your homepage and your install.php isn't available, which is great for security reasons.
    Well, not much i can come up with... Unless you have access to phpMyAdmin so that you can check that the user accounts are still there in the database (and maybe reset the pw:s).

New user

Thanks SuperMatz,
    I checked the caps-log That's not it!

What's so strange is that both the admin and my own login don't work. I changed my own password (and could have made a mistake), but not the admin.

I don't know what the phpMyAdmin is or how to get there.
    I sure hope I can solve the problem.... Nobody can enter the site now!

Thanks again!

User

phpMyAdmin is a software for accessing and working with the database tables, such as the tables that makes TL tick.
    On most web hotels you'll have some sort of control panel for your web account, for Apache servers it's quite often called CPanel. In that interface might fint phpMyAdmin.

Ok, lots of mumbo-jumbo if you're not inititated... One way of resetting account pw is to enter a known encrypted pw string for the lost accounts in the TL database tables. I've done it a couple of times when I've experienced brain meltdown and forgot my passwords.

Anyway, your problem is most certainly not lost passwords 'cause 2 lost pw at once isn't really statistically sound... So, if you have someone that has a grip on your web hotel, your TL installation and such, it's time to call him/her.
    It might be something strange to your .htaccess as you say that you suddenly got the index.php in the URL.
    I can't give much more aid without access to your web hotel control panel.

New user

Thanks a lot for your help, I hope my TL installer can solve the problem...

User

I'm pretty sure he can.
    Ask him/her about upgrading to TL 2.8.3 or (Contao 2.9.0 when it's released) while you're at it. I saw that you're using 2.7.x now.

New user

Oef, login works again. No idea what was wrong, but my installer managed to login into the admin account with exactly the same userid and password.... Anyway, I'll ask for some help with the php.index question. I looked at the Rewrite URL checkbox and is is not enabeled. However, I/m not to sure about changing _.htaccess in TL root, I will get some help with that. I''ll forward your tips to my installer.

Thanks so far for your help!
    Julia

New user

Quote Originally Posted by SuperMatz
    Go to settings and check the "Rewrite URLs" checkbox. Then make sure that you rename the _.htaccess (or .htaccess.default depending on version) to .htacess in your TL root (using your FTP-software or similar).
    Hello!

I am trying to change to .htacess in the TL-root, but don't know exactly what to do. Do you mean that I have to change the name of the file on the ftp? Or do I have to change somethning in the code that is in the .htaccess file on the ftp?

Thanks!

The code in the .htaccess file on the ftp is:

##
    # Rewrite base
    ##
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteBase /

##
    # Block malicious requests
    ##
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} (ftp|https?):|/etc/ [NC,OR]
    RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} (ftp|https?):|/etc/ [NC]