Thread: Online Credit Card payment system for Switzerland

User

Default Online Credit Card payment system for Switzerland

Hi,

Has anyone had to build an online shop for a Swiss client.
    I wanted to integrate Paypal payments pro but thats only or UK and US.
    Google hasn't been much help!

Any ideas for a seamless integration would be great. I'd like to use isotope as the shop. I'm not sure the client is happy with the way Paypal web payment standard works, where it directs you to paypal for payment.

Thanks

Default Re: Online Credit Card payment system for Switzerland

If I were you I would
    (a) choose Isotope, yes
    (b) look at the payment modules already provided (Swisspost e.g. is also available)
    (c) contact Andy (Andreas Schempp - http://www.iserv.ch), as he is Swiss and one of the 3 main devs If your payment service is not available, he'll certainly have an alternative for you or enhance Isotope to your needs for some coins
    Regards

Yanick - Contao core developer @terminal42 gmbh

User

Hey,
    Thanks for the reply.
    I've spoken with the client again and managed to convince them that paypal standard is ok for now as most other online payments systems cost much more than he's willing to pay!
    But still, I didn't think it would be difficult to find something at a relatively low cost.
    Lesson learnt, do your homework before saying Yes to everything

Well, yes that's what we often have to tell customers
    You're not looking for a payment module for credit cards, you're looking for a company that is providing this functionality (payment service) and obviously paypal is number one
    Regards

Yanick - Contao core developer @terminal42 gmbh

anthonytaylor
    Gast

With the Internet being such an enormous giant in the world of shopping, the ability to accept an online credit card payment is pertinent to your business. After all, if you have a website, you certainly want people to be able to pay while they are there rather than expecting them to call over the telephone, mail a check, or use a PayPal account. There is certainly nothing wrong with any of those methods, except that each one requires a separate step in the order processing chain of events, whereas the ability to accept an online credit card payment can be completed in one final step at the completion of your order.