Thread: Imagemaps

User

Default Imagemaps

Is there an easy way to create image maps with Contao?

At the moment I set up a dummy page in Dreamweaver, create hotspots, then grab the HTML and paste in into CT.

It's a bit of a faff, and not something a client would want to get involved in.

What's the best way?

On a lighter note, Typolight was often abbreviated to TL so is it now CT?

User

Default Re: Imagemaps

There is an extension called Coverpicture that actually has a dedicated area for placing your image maps. I haven't done extensive testing, but, it seems to work very well and is a more elegant solution than inserting straight html code.

User

Sorry, I reread your post, the solution I posted was for inserting your image maps and not creating. Yeah, Creating them is a pain. Even in CS5, complex image map creation is still antiquated.

Just an FYI, Coffee Cup Image Mapper is a WAY better app for image maps than DW. Cheap too.

New user

The way I do them (though tedious ) and CSS maps, not excatly image maps):
    ul of links, one class each to acess hover state.
    Next create a sprite in e.g. Inkscape (note: Inkscape's reference is at the left bottom)
    read the offsets, recalculate to html origin, create a css, hope for the best and have a beer when done.
    tedious but it works....
    Applied in combination with efg to filter lists, with catalog is a work in progress

AFAIK GIMP also have an imagemap module, creating html code for you. But you'll still have to copy'n'paste it into a html-code module....
    I am not aware of any other way in Contao...
    Let me know if you find one, pls

have fun
    drefsa