Thread: Backend user registration

New user

Default Backend user registration

Hello, I am new to typolight (contao) and i am struggling on the fact that typolight does not offer backend user registration.
    what i mean is that on my site i would like when a user logs in, they be logged in to the backend panel. that i have set with limitations. its doesnt help that i have to manually set members. HELP PLEASE ITS URGENT

User

Default Re: Backend user registration

Welcome to the forum!

The Contao back-end is typically reserved for trusted users or employees, which are usually vetted or approved by an administrator. Do you want to allow anyone with an internet connection to register/access the back-end, even if it's with limited permissions?

I don't know of a way to allow back-end registration; maybe someone can correct me or knows of an extension. Can you provide more information on exactly what you hope to accomplish? There may be a different approach.

New user

"The Contao back-end is typically reserved for trusted users or employees, which are usually vetted or approved by an administrator. Do you want to allow anyone with an internet connection to register/access the back-end, even if it's with limited permissions"

Thanks for the early rely mark this is exactly what i need. any help would be appreciated

Experienced user

Since you normally only have a few BE users and possibly thousands of FE members (not users), this was probably never considered... You would still have to approve them, otherwise people will just go and edit all types of content everywhere and you're screwed...

Maybe if you set-up a very restricted group and people in the back-end want to register for that group -- well, then any tom dick an harry can register too... so if thousands of BE users log-in and modify content you're pretty much screwed...

You can modify content in the FE... there are ways to do that... using forms posting to databases and the catalog having FE editing abilities...

Since you posted in the developers corner I assume you can code. If not, please ignore this post.

You have two options:

1) Create a backend user registration extension, taking the member registration module as template to get started.

2) Use the member registration module, and use the hook activateAccount to create a backend user with same name.
    Extensions: avatar, cron, dlstats, editarea, geshi, helpdesk, recall, rep_*, smhcheck.
    FAQ's - Documents - Tickets
    Please no help requests by PM, use the forum or ticket link above instead!

New user

Thanks for all the replies guys, @acenes i am not actually a coder but my designer is and if you could help with a step by step process it would be really appreciated. Im a fan of the typolight platform and it as basically every thing i want except two things:

1- Registration for backend users- my site will allow user "VIP's" to register on the Frontend, login on the frontend and then be able to add and edit content on the site, mainly the calendar. the users will have restricted access to adding events to the calendar and uploading a maximum of 3 photos on another page of the site. User should only be able to edit what they have added.

2- Star rating system- this should allow users to rate content on the site and this content should then be arranged in ascending order of most voted for. (top to bottom)

thats all that I need to get my site live, any help would be appreciated as i have been working on it now for a over a year.

thanks jason

Experienced user

Just to add to this. User's cannot currently be assigned to a single item, or self-edit items. You can only assign permissions to a group.