Thread: feGroup

User

Default feGroup

Hi there,

For frontend registration I need a new "feGroup". Now you have already "personal", "address", "contact", "login", etc. I want my own feGroup "team". I have already extended the member module with some fields. But now I want to group them at the registration form (frontend). How do I realise that? Thanks for your help!

Kind Regards,
    Bart

Experienced user

Default Re: feGroup

http://www.contao.org/reference.html
    Under evaluation section is feGroup, so i imagine add feGroup=>'team' to the eval section of any extended fields in the DCA.

User

That's not enough. I've added this to the language file tl_member.php in the new module but still nothing:

$GLOBALS['TL_LANG']['tl_member']['team'] = 'My Team';

I think there has to be done something more! But what :?:

Experienced user

That's because the default template: member_grouped.tpl (which I presume you selected as your template in the Module Registration) has the groups HARD-CODED, so you just have to copy the section and then add your own. Of course the language strings have also been hard-coded, so just replace that with your language string, or just write the string into the template for the group header...

If leo had added them instead of directly to the template, but added them to a grouping, you could simply iterate the grouper with labels, etc, much easier. and then the template becomes super easy to write and extendible as well... make a suggestion to the dev server...

User

Hi Thyon,

Thanks! That works fine. But can you tell me where to replace my language string. As I sayd before I put it in my tl_member.php (in language folder) but that doesn't work. When I hard-coded it in the template it's fine (<legend>My Team</legend>) but I prefer the string in a language file.

Experienced user

That's not going to help, because Leo's default module only maps HIS custom strings, any strings you add, won't be mapped. You should be able to use the language string directly into the template, although this is not convetion.
    Leo will have to write the module more carefully, or you'll have to make a copy of his, add your code to it and then render the new version using your new template which has your "TeamDetails" string mapped.

User

Ok, that's clear. Thanks for your help.