Thread: FancyUpload not working on 1 website only

Experienced user

Default FancyUpload not working on 1 website only

I've got a website that supports normal uploads using the original/standard method. As soon as I activate the FancyUpload (the new flash/js method), it throws an error.

I've never had a website that had this error before, so I have absolutely no idea why this is happening.

Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.

[attachment=0:2icec2dr]fancyupload-fail.jpg[/attachment:2icec2dr]

User

Default Re: FancyUpload not working on 1 website only

I had the same error and after the long fight with it I stayed with the original uploader.

If anyone finds out why this happens, please post the solution here. I'd be glad to know what's wrong with it.

Try to find out where the #400 error is thrown (should be somewhere in upload.php, initialize.php, or DC_Folder.php). That'll help us debugging it.

Experienced user

its impossible to figure out where the error occurs, because its part of Fancy Upload, and apart from figuring out how it works, and investing lots of time into this, I just disable the little bugger...

User

Hello

I encounter the same problem since I changed the hosting provider... Do you have found a solution ?

Thank's
    Eric
    Contao 2.8 -> 3.0
    Evizer Web Agency

Nah, the #400 is thrown by Contao – FancyUpload just instantiates a HTTP connection and listens for the return code. Check the files I mentioned. A simple exception or error logging should reveal the abort position.

User

I've got the same issue too - so did the same and disabled it.
    Solution would be great

Quote Originally Posted by vinchenzison
    Solution would be great
    Then please provide us with some debugging information.

User

Would me more than happy to it I know how.
    How can I provide this information?

Quote Originally Posted by FloB
    Try to find out where the #400 error is thrown (should be somewhere in upload.php, initialize.php, or DC_Folder.php).
    If you don't know a thing about PHP, you might not be able to help us (except you'll let someone access your server).

Ever tried to use FancyUpload on another computer? Does the original FancyUpload work?

Experienced user

what's really annoying is that it works 100% from the same browser, same computer, same contao version 2.9.1 but only to a different hosting provider (rsaweb - ok!) than the one with the error (hetzner - bad!). Then the support staff at the provider tried it using my BE logon, and for him it works perfectly. Now I really don't understand what the problem could be....

New user

Quote Originally Posted by FloB
    Try to find out where the #400 error is thrown (should be somewhere in upload.php, initialize.php, or DC_Folder.php). That'll help us debugging it.
    its impossible to figure out where the error occurs, because its part of Fancy Upload, and apart from figuring out how it works, and investing lots of time into this, I just disable the little bugger...

New user

Hi there,

I join the club of having problems with fancyUpload, getting a similar 401 error:

I password protected the entire website folder by adding the following lines on top of contaos .htaccess:

AuthType Basic
    AuthName "environment"
    AuthUserFile /folder/of/my/contao/webroot/.htpasswd
    require valid-user

Can someone tell me how to make an exception to unprotect the upload folder in .htaccess to enable fancyUpload ?
    Is there any other workaround?

The regular upload form works well. Let me know if there is an unwritten rule that says one must never password protect the contao folder.

Mike

Experienced user

I logged a ticket, but leo says it's just a server config error.

I disagree. I installed Fancy Upload's test demo system directly on the same hosting. Then I modified it to actually complete the upload process by creating the files and storing them in a folder.

I run the demo FancyUpload and it works 100%, no 400 message or anything. This means that there must be something wrong with the Contao files, as this doesn't occur in the upload.php file inside the demo config.

This is annoying, because most of my customers are now choosing the Hertzer option, preventing ALL of them (5 in total now) from using Fancy Upload. This is really annoying....

User

I had a nightmare with FancyUpload.

It worked on some browsers and some computer but not others of the same kind, I couldn't nail down anything specific as it also worked on some servers but not others and then it would work and not work on the same servers but using different computers.

Here is a link to the thread: http://www.contao-community.org/view...t=fancy+upload

Hope this may help.

I don't use it for most sites unless they have galleries where a site admin needs to upload a lot of images at once.
    360fusion: Virtual Tours - Web Design
    Social Media: Twitter - Facebook Page

Experienced user

with my unzip extension, it's also pretty much moot.... just upload the single ZIP containing all the images or PDFs or whatever, and then they can click unzip and voila it explodes on the server...