Thread: [SOLVED] Catalog List view column headings

User

Default [SOLVED] Catalog List view column headings

Using Firefox I've manage to display column headings for the Catalog List view using custom CSS code:
    content: "Species____No.__Type______Spotter____Date Spotted"
    but it's not perfect. Similarly to display "No. items found:" at the top before the count.

[attachment=0:m2vnb3ld]Col_headings.jpg[/attachment:m2vnb3ld]

But this doesn't work in IE and the column alignment gets out of sync when the page is zoomed.

Any suggestions for another solution?

Many thanks

User

Default Re: Catalog List view column headings

How did you make the HTML template for the list? Is it in a table or did you use divs? Looking at your example, It looks like the latter. Tables aren't good for a lot of things, but they can't be beat for tabular data. If not then can you post your template code and css?

User

Quote Originally Posted by harley77
    How did you make the HTML template for the list? Is it in a table or did you use divs?
    I'm using catalog extension which builds the list for me. I was using catalog_simple but your email reminded me that there is catalog_simpletable that generates a table (rather than css).

As you say, tables may be a practical option but I will need to check the html and css as I hate it when browsers change the tables column widths and the text is no longer vertically aligned - same in Word

Thanks for the prompt

User

You can easily set the width of the table columns using css as each column is classed with the field name already. If you use firebug (everyone should ) it makes all this a breeze.

User

Quote Originally Posted by harley77
    If you use firebug (everyone should ) it makes all this a breeze.
    Thanks Harley. Sounds very useful... just installed but doesn't seem to be functioning! I shall investigate more.