Thread: [Solved] News Reader Comments

User

Default [Solved] News Reader Comments

Why am I getting the same comments showing on all the posts to a news element? Is there a way for the comments that are showing to be pertinent to the post that is visible in the reader? Does that make sense? What I'm getting is the same comments no matter what post is selected. So in what it would look like in real world terms: I have 2 news posts, one about flowers, one about cheese. Two members comment about the flower post and their comments on flowers show up even when the reader is showing the cheese post. I want the comments on flowers to only show up in the reader when the flower post is in the reader and only the cheese comments to show up when the cheese post is selected in the reader.

Have I set something up wrong? What am I missing? Not possible?

User

Default Re: News Reader Comments

Hi,

Sounds like something is terribly wrong... The comments for one news article is exclusive for just that specific article. Try out the Contao demo on http://www.contao.org and you'll see.
    I do have a clue what can be wrong with your setup! When you created a news reader page (a page that holds an content element for a News reader front end module), did you also include a content element for a Comments module?
    To allow comments to news articles, you'll have to enable comments in the news archive settings. This will produce a comment form (with existing comments) for each news article in the news reader.
    If you don't enable comments for the news archive and add a comment module in the news page, the comments will be "anchored" to the page, not the displayed news article.

So, the bottom line is; Check the page (and articles) that contains the News reader module for a Comment module. Remove that module and enable comments in the News archive (where you add new news articles).

Hope this helps. Good luck!

BR, Matz

User

Default Re: News Reader Comments

Fab!
    Thanks Matz! I had tried a few different configurations of including / excluding the comments module and checking and unchecking the Allow Comments in the news item. I think that at one point last night I must have had it right but didn't notice that it was working correctly because I know I had it set to no module and checked Allow Comments at some point.... which is exactly as it should be and it's working now. Thanks for the quick reply!!!
    -Michelle

User

Default Re: [Solved] News Reader Comments

I'm happy to hear it's working!

BR,

Matz