Thread: add nested forms

New user

Default add nested forms

Hello,
    I need to create a module with nested forms (calling many tables of the database) with a dynamic number of fields (like listwizard but recursively)
    for example if I want to create a todo list (in the backoffice), I need to add a text input for the list name under which I can add todo items. and then add another list name ... (like the attached file)

do you have any idea?
    thanks for the help

User

Default Re: add nested forms

Hey jika

You need to create own wizard. I did this way drag'n'drop permission system.

Take a look at /system/modules/backend/OptionWizard.php
    When you are finished with php code, go to your config module and add line:
    [code=php:2wzc5oh8]<span class="syntaxdefault">
    </span><span class="syntaxcomment">/**
    ***Form*fields
    **/
    </span><span class="syntaxdefault">$GLOBALS</span><span class="syntaxkeyword">[</span><span class="syntaxstring">'BE_FFL'</span><span class="syntaxkeyword">][</span><span class="syntaxstring">'yourWizard'</span><span class="syntaxkeyword">]</span><span class="syntaxdefault">*</span><span class="syntaxkeyword">=</span><span class="syntaxdefault">*</span><span class="syntaxstring">'YourWizard'</span><span class="syntaxkeyword">;
    </span><span class="syntaxdefault">*</span>[/code:2wzc5oh8]
    Where YourWizard is the name of the class you created previously.

Then, in DCA you would be able to use it with "inputType" key:
    [code=php:2wzc5oh8]<span class="syntaxdefault">
    </span><span class="syntaxstring">'asd'</span><span class="syntaxdefault">*</span><span class="syntaxkeyword">=></span><span class="syntaxdefault">*array
    </span><span class="syntaxkeyword">(
    </span><span class="syntaxdefault">****</span><span class="syntaxstring">'label'</span><span class="syntaxdefault">************** *****</span><span class="syntaxkeyword">=></span><span class="syntaxdefault">*</span><span class="syntaxkeyword">&</span><span class="syntaxdefault">$GLOBALS</span><span class="syntaxkeyword">[</span><span class="syntaxstring">'TL_LANG'</span><span class="syntaxkeyword">][</span><span class="syntaxstring">'tl_module'</span><span class="syntaxkeyword">][</span><span class="syntaxstring">'asd'</span><span class="syntaxkeyword">],
    </span><span class="syntaxdefault">****</span><span class="syntaxstring">'exclude'</span><span class="syntaxdefault">************** ***</span><span class="syntaxkeyword">=></span><span class="syntaxdefault">*true</span><span class="syntaxkeyword">,
    </span><span class="syntaxdefault">****</span><span class="syntaxstring">'inputType'</span><span class="syntaxdefault">************** *</span><span class="syntaxkeyword">=></span><span class="syntaxdefault">*</span><span class="syntaxstring">'yourWizard'
    </span><span class="syntaxkeyword">)
    </span><span class="syntaxdefault">*</span>[/code:2wzc5oh8]

New user

hello

thank you for the answer, I tried to do like you told me but now I need to call an optionWizard from my customWizard (I need to reuse the code) but I can't do it, I tried a
    $opt = OptionWizard->new() and $opt->generate()
    it displays the optionWizard but don't save the data in the database neither calls the function that should be called (in save_callback)

do you have an idea?

User

Why won't you copy and paste the code from OptionWizard to CustomWizard and adjust it to your needs?

I guess you might need to use
    [code=php:557lkjqr]<span class="syntaxdefault">
    $opt</span><span class="syntaxkeyword">-></span><span class="syntaxdefault">value*</span><span class="syntaxkeyword">=</span><span class="syntaxdefault">*serialize</span><span class="syntaxkeyword">(</span><span class="syntaxdefault">$arrValue</span><span class="syntaxkeyword">);
    </span><span class="syntaxdefault">*</span>[/code:557lkjqr]
    to pass the data. Then try to generate.

Also check if the field in database is the BLOB type.