Thread: Nice Sender Addresses

New user

Default Nice Sender Addresses

Hello,

is it possible to use sender addresses like "My Name <myname@mycompany.com>" in Contao (for example for the password reminder module)? I'm using version 2.9.0 and it seems you're only able to use addresses of the form "myname@mycompany.com".

Thanks!

New user

Default Re: Nice Sender Addresses

after digging through some code, I figured out that the correct format for the email addresses is "Name [email-address]" and not the standard "Name <email-address>" (the last one is broken by the strip_tags() function call).

Hi alewar

Both should work but only in the settings. There is a ticket that has been accepted and completed for Contao 2.9.1 to add this functionality to the site structure as well
    Regards

Yanick - Contao core developer @terminal42 gmbh

User

I am using EFG but cannot see any way to set a sender address for online forms.

Appreciate it can be changed in the settings and site root, but I like to leave my email address as the site administrator, this means all web forms are sent from my address and not something like website@domain.

Twice now I have had clients complain, thinking that I am having their inquiries directed to me first, before forwarding them on.

Hope that makes sense, any advice gratefully received.

User

I have the same issue as Doublespark. Is there a way to customize the sender address when using EFG extension?

Thank you