Thread: Where's my layout ?!?!

User

Default Where's my layout ?!?!

Hi all,
    I'm having some problems with my update from 2.8.3 to 2.9.0.
    I manually update the website, as in pasting the update over the existing one. The whole procedure goes fine untill I go to the backend and see that in the layoutsection there's (still) an entry for stylesheets which is empty btw, and also the new "theme" part which is also empty. Guess this must be filled with all the existing layout and module and css settings?

So I tried the other way around. First a clean 2.9.0 with an empty db and later on only putting the necessary files from the "old" site back. Still without any extension. Now the backend looks as it should be.
    What's left is a lot of work with the layout part.

I kinda ran out of ideas :cry: So anyone an idea why the layout part isn't automatically transferred with the update? Is there a way to manually force it?
    Atti

PS. Don't know if it's the right place for it, but because there is no layout specified the frontend preview generates an scripterror when using the buttons in the previewbar in IE8 which resides in switch.php (r43). FF gives a reply "no layout specified"

User

Default Re: Where's my layout ?!?!

I'm also having issues when doing a manual install from 2.8.3 to 2.9.0. Everything goes fine except when it's time to update the database with the install tool. The install tool asks to update the database and as soon as I make the update, it drops everything that was in my stylesheets MySQL table (among others like modules, etc).

I believe it has to do with the pid that was added with this install:
    ALTER TABLE `tl_style_sheet` ADD `pid` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0';

So, my theme is completely gone after the upgrade. Is there anyway to do a manual upgrade? I have another install on the same server and it works fine with a live update.

Experienced user

I haven't used it, but you may want to look into using the easyupdate extension. It says it only works up to v2.8.2, but it might be worth trying.

User

Hi Ben,
    I've installed it ones but never used it 'cause of the reason u mentioned. Nevertheless I stumbled upon a post about making your own update server. Thow Leo said it was no issue making your own one, the "how to" was never mentioned. Is there a slight possibilty somewhere that this can be "revealed" 8-) A few clues perhaps ?
    Atti

Experienced user

I'm not aware of any how-to's on setting up your own live update server. I just use Leo's live update service, which saves a ton of time and headache.