Thread: New Page creation not working

New user

Default New Page creation not working

I'm trying out a few CMS packages including this one.. Installed it on a WAMP system without issues. I installed the default Music Academy theme. Ran the check program without any issues showing up. Front and back end seems to run OK. Nothing in the log. Made sure default page permission is on the admin user.

This is what is happening.

Go to Site Structure. Click on "New Page" at top. Nothing happens. I've tried to change the focus of which page I'm on, changed the browser (firefox to IE) and still the same. I also looked at the pages table in the DB... nothing new there either.

So what I am doing wrong or missing..??

Thanks for any help

Rick

User

Default Re: New Page creation not working

This is a common problem for new users of Conato, but I'm sure it's in the manual, and been covered many time in the forum before :-)

Once you have clicked "New page" you will see 2 new columns of flashing icons (see screenshot) you then need to indicate where the new page is to go.

Either:

1) Down arrow to place below that page

or

2) Right arrow to place as a sub page

New user

Umm, no. After clicking that New page thing roughly 17.583 times, the clipboard thing is still greyed out.

Why would the experience be made so frustrating for someone who is obviosly trying this thing out for the first time?

[attachment=0:3r37apk5]contao.fail.png[/attachment:3r37apk5]

New user

After much frustration, it was a permissions issue - shame on me for having the reflex not to work as "admin".

But please, why would you grey out that clipboard thing without even a measly html title tag that'd give a hint (like "no permission")? It should be doable to leave this kind of hint somewhere that prevents people from having to go through the contao source code to get an idea why they can't even create a simple page?

Hi Icarus,

Good for you for figuring it out, had I seen this thread sooner I would have immediately said it is a permissions issue. I love the idea of a tooltip to explain why it is greyed out though, you should submit that under "report a bug" on the main site and request it as a feature there.

Best,

Fred

New user

I've tried and failed to submit a ticket, even after registering on dev.contao.org I cannot find a way to contribute anything.

If anyone who reads this has the power I'd be much obliged for your feature request in my place.