Thread: Products List

User

Default Products List

Hi!
    How can i make source folder setting with Product List modul in Isotope? I need that the products of one category,that i select in modul setting, shown at all pages with List modul attached. Is there any path to do it without hard php coding?

Paul

Default Re: Products List

Hi Paul-

So you want a list of products that is constant on every page? There are two things you can try that I have running on some client sites that I have yet to publish to the repository because they need some testing:

1. Featured Products Module -
    http://www.isotopeecommerce.com/tl_f...edproducts.zip

To use this, set up a new checkbox attribute called "featured_product" and then check the ones you want to be featured. This module will use them as a listing.

2. Quick Products Module
    http://www.isotopeecommerce.com/tl_f...ckproducts.zip

This is a content element that allows you to select products and display them in a listing.

Let me know how these work... We have an update coming out soon that may render these incompatible which is why I have yet to release them, but they should at least get you pointed int he right direction. Once the update comes out I will try and get them into the ER once I can confirm they are working...

User

Hi
    i hardcoded this one:
    in DCA - tl_module add option "from one"
    Code:
    'options'				  => array('global', 'parent_and_first_child','parent_and_all_children', 'from_one', 'current_category')
    and in ModuleIsotopeProductList.php add new var $intCatID contain target page ID, then add case to
    Code:
    protected function setCategories($strScope, $intRootId = 0, $intPageId = 0, $intCatID = 11)
    { ................
                case 'from_one':
                    $arrCategories = array($intCatID);
                    break;	
    .............. }
    That's all. It's work, but in this way i can use only one target page per Isotope installation. That's bad, but more better that nothing, so i try to use your Quick Products module

Thank's!

Paul

New user

Hi,

For a project (and for many other ones I guess), we had to add this "one or many categories" option in the product list module as we use categories as "attributes".
    For example, for a product which can be published in a certain category and which has a certain supplier, we build a category tree like this:
    Code:
    Main categories
    - One category
    - Another category
    Suppliers
    - My first supplier
    - Another one
    Thus, only by giving the user the right to manage categories (pages), s/he can create new suppliers (= new pages) and we can create menus with one page per supplier. That page can have a "product list" module and so, this way, when the user create a news product in Isotope, s/he selects both the main category and the supplier.

(by the way, if you have any better ideas for us to manage this kind of attributes...)

We start using this technique a lot and faced the fact that the product list module does not allow us to select one (or several) categories in the page tree. We made the following changes as a module:
    config/database.sql
    Code:
    CREATE TABLE `tl_module` (
      `iso_categories` blob NULL
    ) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8;
    dca/tl_module.php
    Code:
    $GLOBALS['TL_DCA']['tl_module']['palettes']['iso_productlist'] 
    	= preg_replace('/([,;]iso_category_scope)([,;$])/', '\1,iso_categories\2', $GLOBALS['TL_DCA']['tl_module']['palettes']['iso_productlist']);

$GLOBALS['TL_DCA']['tl_module']['fields']['iso_category_scope']['options'][] = 'categories';

$GLOBALS['TL_DCA']['tl_module']['fields']['iso_categories'] = array (
    	'label'					=> &$GLOBALS['TL_LANG']['tl_module']['iso_categories'],
    	'filter'				=> true,
    	'inputType'				=> 'pageTree',
    	'foreignKey'			=> 'tl_page.title',
    	'eval'					=> array('mandatory'=>false, 'multiple'=>true, 'fieldType'=>'checkbox')
    );
    ModuleIsotopeProductList.php
    Code:
    	// add this case to the switch in the findProduct() function
    	case 'categories':
    		$arrCategories = deserialize($this->iso_categories);
    		break;
    This way, we can select a particular category when creating a product list module (for example a "Featured product" module with a "Featured products" category selected).

It sure would be a great idea to add such a (simple) feature in the next release of Isotope

Nicolas.

I like this idea. If we don't get it in the core (we've been trying to streamline things as much as possible so we can keep improving the codebase before adding too much on) what I may do is build it as a drop-in extension... Thanks!