Thread: Import css or html template to Contao 2.9.0

New user

Default Import css or html template to Contao 2.9.0

So,

on Contao web there is tutorila for o+import css template but for Typoligt 2.2.

Since lot has changed till 2.9.0. can someone write tutorial how to import finished css template in Contao, how to name and where to store .tpl files, how to make contao engine recognize that template and its css properties etc.

I am sad that Contao makers publish majority of documentation only in German language and limit platform that way (German is nice, but all web community speaks english, thats reality)

Thank you.

New user

Default Re: Import css or html template to Contao 2.9.0

As I said, very little support on english speaking area (forum).

Pitty, with GNU GPL and english literature and support, this could be better cms than Joomla and Drupal....

Just my opinion.

New user

Thats my ideaa too, very great cms but no support..

pitty..

Experienced user

As I said, very little support on english speaking area (forum).

Pitty, with GNU GPL and english literature and support, this could be better cms than Joomla and Drupal....
    Lack of English documentation is a legitimate frustration that a lot of people share. But it is a relatively new CMS that's gaining popularity. It will come. Keep in mind the people contributing to this incredible piece of software have day jobs as so they can pay their bills, and then donate their free time to create something for free that you can turn around and use in your projects that you charge clients thousands of dollars for. There are only so many people, and they only have so much time in the day. There's no money to hire a full-time staff to write documentation and provide support -- most of it comes from the community like this one.

Also it's one thing to write a book (there are a few in German) -- it's a completely different thing to convince a company to invest their own money to publish it -- they need to see that there's a market for it, and that comes when the community grows.

I think a tutorial will come, but 2.9 just came out, and not everyone has moved to it yet. Plus it would be pretty in-depth -- not something someone can just sit down and right for you in a day.

Thats my ideaa too, very great cms but no support..
    What the h3ll are you talking about? You have 6 total posts, and every single one of them have gotten replies from the community offering legitimate help... Sheesh!
    Brian

You know, Media, you are completely correct. It really is a shame when people come in here expecting someone to hold their hand for free. Porga, Senne, do you know how most of us figure things out? We make an effort to teach ourselves. Then, we have people who ask for help, or who need a module, and we're happy to put time in for free to help those, but there is an expectation when you receive free time from others - that you will at least make an attempt to teach yourself first, and that you will help others in any way you can, when you can. There is one more very important principle you both must learn - that you get back from this community what you put into it.

This is not a charity organization, this is a team effort, and complaining is never, ever going to solve your issues. For example, since Fall of 2008 we have been working on an ecommerce package which will cost nothing to the community, and has over 25,000 lines of php written into it. If you look at the man hours involved, you would see that we are easily past 1000 hours of time, and Contao easily has thousands and thousands into it, and you are given it to use! Please, show some respect, do your part, make an effort to participate.

Experienced user

Actually, not much has changed in regard to css and templates since v2.2. You simply import your css files as before, hardcode them into fe_page.tpl or just add them in the page layout's "additional <head> tags" section. Custom templates (*.tpl) go in the /templates folder. :shock: