Thread: [autoregistration] not working

New user

Default [autoregistration] not working

Hi,
    I've just installed the autoregistration extension (version 1.0.0, build 4) on Typolight 2.8.3. I used Typolight's Extension Manager for the installation; DB is up to date.
    What follows is the author's description of the extension:

Automatically activate and longin members after registration.
    This extension adds an often requested feature to the system: Members can now automatically be enabled after registration without e-mail confirmation or admin management. You can even automatically login the new member. The setting if a member is activated/logged in is done in the root page of each website. Unfortunately this cannot be set in the registration module because that data can not be accessed during activation.
    The extension is not working on my site. Could I be missing a step in the installation process? I'm not an experienced user, maybe there is something I need to modify manually somewhere?

I would greatly appreciate any helps/tips/suggestions.
    Thanks in advance.

Experienced user

Default Re: [autoregistration] not working

The setting if a member is activated/logged in is done in the root page of each website.
    Did you see a setting in your Site Root page?

It's generally recommended that the first page of your site be of the type "Site Root", and all other pages are children of this/these page(s). It has some advantages that will be evident when you see the settings for this page.
    Brian

New user

works now, thank you for your help.

two things:
    [*] the site structure was wrong, which I was able to fix by setting a root page
    [*] the [mailusername] extension was installed as well, which apparently was conflicting with [autoregistration]; i uninstalled it and everything worked fine

again, thanks.

User

Hey

I have just encountered the same probelm...
    Is there a way to get both of the modules working together?

Thanks,
    Ste

User

Still don't see the two playing nicely with each other. It will auto-register/activate their login but it won't auto-login the user once registration is complete. At least it does the prior actions though. One extra step for the member but no wait time, and a few less steps for the admin... plus logging in with email address... it's a decent enough tradeoff. Would love to see it work 100% though :D