Thread: permissions on articles

User

Default permissions on articles

Is am wondering whether it is possible to set permissions to articles instead of pages.

For instance i have two artcles on one page. (One in the left column and one in the center)
    Can i enable only one article for an editor?

Or can permissions only be set on the whole page?

Default Re: permissions on articles

This is what I asked lately and no one seems to have any idea (or atleast answered). Mine post is here http://www.contao-community.org/view...php?f=6&t=1953.
    OM MANI PEME HUNG! how many has to die for freedom and dignity. Save this world

User

There is an extension for article permissions http://www.contao.org/extension-list/vi ... 19.en.html
    Jaap Jansma

Walk Wise Webdesign

Experienced user

Grapio -- that's a great extension (I use it for just about every site I develop), but not exactly the same thing.

CE-Access restricts certain users or groups to a subset of content elements that they can add to an article (and those permissions apply to all articles).

What I think is being asked (and I've wanted the same thing as well), is to restrict access to the article itself. It could function exactly like page permissions, except at the article level. So there could possibly be another CHMOD-style permissions box that restricts editing of articles to the author, author's user group, etc.

I think this would make a great extension if someone would be interested in taking it on.
    Brian

User

Yes, that extension is at content element level. Sorry, I thought that you meant at content level.
    Jaap Jansma

Walk Wise Webdesign