Thread: Souce File Error - Please help

New user

Default Souce File Error - Please help

Hi All. I was wondering if someone could help me with a strange problem I have with a site i look after built in Contao...

Whats strange is that the error doesn't always occur - sometime i can log in - make an amend no problem at all and other times i get the following appearing as a blank white screen (text in the top left corner) -

Its driving me mad - Specifically it occurs when i go to edit an element within an article (text for example)... so i can see the article list then can click on the article - but when i go to edit the element - i get this error (but again - not all of the time). Any help would be much appreciated. I've used (from an admin perspective) Typolight and now Contao before and never had this problem.

Thanks
    Andy

User

Default Re: Souce File Error - Please help

Try the online demo to see if the problem persists, or try a different browser. Which are you using??

New user

Hi - Thanks for this -
    Lots of browsers do it (I have literally tried all the major ones) - I have uncovered more detail though..

There is an error message (now i turned them on - whoops! ) Something related to a Fatal error: Allowed memory size of xxxxxx bytes exhausted.
    I have searched the forum and see a couple of people have experienced the same - and it may be an issue with the host needing to upgrade the memory...

I removed an image the client had uploaded which was in excess of 2mb. (I have set limits now) - and it seems to have cleared the problem... for the time being...
    It was only occurring on elements which contained an image (the error i mean) - all ones with just text were fine....

Does this make sense and does anyone agree that the best solution (long term) is to ask the host to increase the memory limit - problem there is that my host says there are no restrictions...

Cheers

Experienced user

You can increase this with a php.ini file in your root as a rule....

include the following lines in it..... you can adjust the limits as needed

max_execution_time = 30
    max_input_time = 60
    memory_limit = 128M

New user

ok - thank you for your help... Will give this a go!