Thread: "Internal server error"

New user

Default "Internal server error"

After a clean installation I can use the back-end, and everything works as I expect. However when I want to view the front-end, I get error 500-internal server error. I have included $GLOBALS['TL_CONFIG']['displayErrors'] = true; to the localconfig.php, what could I do to investigate this error further? I also have an error in the install tool in the "update database tables section: "the database is not up to date!". I cannot update the database by pressing 'update database' button. The database connection seems all right, as it says 'database connection ok' and the backend does work as I think it should.

When I enter my website in the browser as <my domain>/index.php, the website does show, however it does not show the website is axpected; is shows only text, although I have used a template/theme. I have included a screenprint.
    [attachment=0:r0co338q]Schermafbeelding 2010-08-30 om 21.40.30 aug 1.png[/attachment:r0co338q]
    I am using a hosting provider, is this causing havoc in my case? ops:

Experienced user

Default Re: "Internal server error"

"the database is not up to date!".
    Does it say more than this (ie: what fields?)

New user

no, just the option to make it up to date by doing a table drop, but without effect.

The backend seems OK, I can create content, save it, and modify saved content, but the front-end does not want to let itself rendered.

Experienced user

For starters, it looks like your css files haven't been written. Go to System > Maintenance > Purge data, check on "CSS files" and click Purge data. Check the frontend of the site by refreshing. If this doesn't enable the style sheets, go into the css editor and edit / save one selector for each css file. This should do the trick.