Thread: Add Cc to email in form generator

New user

Default Add Cc to email in form generator

Hi All,

Is it possible to add a Cc in the recipient email field in the form data through the Form Generator module.

Example, in my 'contact form' the user puts in their data and submits. I want that data to go to a primary email, and to show up as a Cc for other emails. Is this possible.

Thanks
    James

Experienced user

Default Re: Add Cc to email in form generator

As far as I know the email goes to whoever you set as the site administrator. I'm pretty sure you can set more than one email address there.

User

Hi Jameiser,

During form configuration you can setup multiple recipient addresses seperate with comma.

Kind Regards,
    Bart

New user

Thanks for the feedback.

Yes I was aware of those two options. I thought maybe that there might be a tag I could insert in the form that would allow me to Cc rather that a simple To: function.

Thanks though.

Cheers,
    James

Experienced user

New user

If by "adding a CC" you mean to have a copy of the message arriving at the email of the person who is using the form, YES, you can do that.

All you need to do is to add a "checkbox menu" field on your form. If when sending the form the box is checked, a copy of the email will be sent to the sender.

http://dev.contao.org/wiki/1/TutorialsFormContact

New user

Hi All,

Thanks for the responses and sorry for my delayed reply.

Everything that has been mention, I already have employed.

This is what I am shooting for. The site I have is a volunteer community website. So there are multiple directors for the organization and each has a webtask for the group. So, if someone uses the Registration Form on the site, Director #1 gets the primary email sent to them and is responsible to respond. If someone uses the Contact Form on the site, Director #2, gets the primary email, and is responsible to respond. And if someone uses the Guest Book, Director #3 gets the primary email. etc.

But, as it is a volunteer organization, and the volunteers sometimes can not answer, the group wanted some redundancy in the communication. So right now it is set up so that all 3 Directors get all the emails, from all the forms. I want to set it up so that when the email arrives in a directors inbox, the primary director has it show that it is To: them, and the secondary Directors are shown as Cc:

I am doing this as a soft reminder that the primary To: is the one answer the email.

If anybody has worked in a volunteer organization, you will hopefully understand why I am wanting to use this logic.

Anyways, thanks again all. CONTAO ROCKS!

James