Thread: isotope Upgrade - No Images and Ajax Filter

Experienced user

Default isotope Upgrade - No Images and Ajax Filter

I installed a new 0.2.0 beta1 version on a new server, migrated the content from an older 0.1.3 installation and now the images won't display correctly.

I get a blank assigned image displayed in the FE, even though in the BE the images appear in the Product Management view (a tiny thumbnails next to each item...
    [attachment=2:9vjom467]productmgmt.jpg[/attachment:9vjom467]
    and also appear in the media section when you open each item to show the images.
    [attachment=1:9vjom467]media.jpg[/attachment:9vjom467]
    [attachment=0:9vjom467]popup.jpg[/attachment:9vjom467]
    I copied all the isotope/ folder with sub-folder files over to the new server.

The ImageGallery displays the blank image - that's it. Hmmm. Anybody?

Experienced user

Default Re: isotope Upgrade - No Images and Ajax Filter

Ajax Filter
    Also, I'm using the filter to order items, but I can't select internal fields, e.g. Start Published date (as a release date) and other fields... Then when I change the order field, it submits the form with the search as well, so then if you just change the order, it also reload and says there are no items (because the search default was submitted).

Then the ajax the reloads the internals, doesn't match my original template, is there a place to prevent the standard listing from interfering with my template. My template doesn't use a reader, because the client simply wanted a mediabox popup to show the description and the ratings of the movies.
    [attachment=0:1vk8bkri]product-popup.jpg[/attachment:1vk8bkri]

Old Site:
    http://www.videomaniakc.com/

New Site:
    http://174.121.152.194/~videoman/ (missing images and ajax not working as expected)

Experienced user

I figured out the that new gallery rendering routine was making a reader link, this was interfering with my template pop-up.

How can I just get back the previous manual rendering of the images, not the auto-one. I just need the thumbnail, I'll code the IMG tag myself thanks.

Experienced user

Actually this one I previous solved, but it seems when you re-coded this, you forgot to change the Isotope Gallery:

You forgot to use the strtolower() in the following scanning function on line 80:
    Code:
    $strFile = 'isotope/' . strtolower(substr($file['src'], 0, 1)) . '/' . $file['src'];

Official Contao Team andreas.schempp's Avatar

Hi Tyon,

You can adjust the iso_gallery_default template to get what you want, or create your own gallery class.

Thanks for the notice regarding strtolower(). Not sure if it is still required for new installs, but I added it for backward compatibility.
    terminal42 gmbh
    We are Contao Premium-Partner! For Isotope eCommerce support check out the Isotope Circle.

Experienced user

of course you need the strlower, as it uses the first letter of the filename. if the filename is Chloe, it will make an uppercase C, otherwise chloe, a lowercase c. I think this is better to force it always (writing and reading), so this won't happen again.

I figured out that you have to use $this->images-main_image['thumbnail'] to access the filename.

Experienced user

Andreas, why does the search field post the default value and why when you change the sort order, does it make the listing empty because of that?

The search and filter capabilities have been implemented by Fred Bliss, I have never used them.
    terminal42 gmbh
    We are Contao Premium-Partner! For Isotope eCommerce support check out the Isotope Circle.

New user

Default Product varianti images

Hi
    I have a problem with product variant images in beta2 ? When I select product varian the image doesn't change.
    Any solutions?
    Thanks.

Thanks for reporting this. It will be fixed in the next release.

system/modules/isotope/IsotopeProduct.php Line 470 should be
    Code:
    foreach( (array)$this->Isotope->Config->imageSizes as $size )
    and not
    Code:
    foreach( (array)$this->Isotope->Config->imageSizes as $size['name'] )
    terminal42 gmbh