Thread: Forgotten password issues [SOLVED]

Default Forgotten password issues [SOLVED]

Here is the live version from yesterday (lost password isn't active yet).
    http://test.netmobil.si/iscemdelo.si

Explanation how to register, because it is in Slovenian language.
    1. Choose "Registracija" in the top right corner (the red button).
    2. When fancybox load it's iframe content select on the checkbutton (on the bottom) "Ja, strinjam se s pogoji".
    3. With checked button select link "REGISTRACIJA ZA PODJETJA" the left one.
    4. For entering the right data there are mandatory translations:
    - Elektronski naslov: * [email address]
    - Uporabniško ime: * [user name]
    - Geslo: * [password]
    - Geslo (ponovno): * [password repeat]
    - Varnostno vprašanje* [secure question] -> Seštejte 3 in 4. [Add 3 and 4 = 3+4], Kakšna je vsota 4 in 8? [Sum of 4 and 8], Izra?unajte 4 + 2.[ Calculate 4 +2]
    5. Click Registriraj se [Register]

When you will receive and conform your data, Click on the webpage on the left side of the "Registration button" "Izgubljeno geslo" which means Lost password.
    Enter "Elektronski naslov" which means Email address and confirm with button. Than you will receive email for conformation.

You will see in conformation link that there is /izgubljeno-geslo.html this is the fancybox iframe where the lost password form is. But in Backend I've set the "Confirmation page" to /izgubljeno-geslo-novo-geslo.html

Sorry for any language mistake, I'm trying my best
    Web design agency - EDsolution.si Izdelava spletnih strani

Experienced user

Default Re: Forgotten password issues

Everything works as I would expect it to. The problem is that you are iframing the password reminder module. Here's how this module works:

1. Fill out "password reminder" form (pw-reminder.html)
    2. Click link in email
    3. Return to pw-reminder.html?token=qwerty
    4. Enter new password x2
    5. Get forwarded to confirmation page (pw-confirmation.html)

Here's my suggestion:
    When someone clicks "forgotten password" link, send them to a new page where fancybox autoloads and contains the form. Then, when they click the email link it will return them to this page. All of your slick work will remain, except that there will be one new page that loads upon clicking the forgotten link.

Default Re: Forgotten password issues

Thank you for this solution.

But what and where (I can't find it) if I just put the static url instead of Contao doing dynamic? I mean by this, that i manually change dynamic pw-confirmation.html to my.html.

This should be the shortest way. Because I change from/izgubljeno-geslo.html?token=8d263536b978bc16eddc9459810814e5
    to /izgubljeno-geslo-confromation-page.html?token=8d263536b978bc16eddc9459810814e5 and the form (for new pass) was there on the page with template.

Default Re: Forgotten password issues [SOLVED]

Ok I trick it like this. I've change the 309 line in ModulePassowrd.php which is this:

Code:
    $strConfirmation = str_replace($strChunk, $this->Environment->base . $this->Environment->request . (($GLOBALS['TL_CONFIG'][''] || strpos($this->Environment->request, '?') !== false) ? '&' : '?') . 'token=' . $confirmationId, $strConfirmation);
    I've just change the
    Code:
    $this->Environment->request
    to

Code:
    'conformation-pass.html'
    And everyting works fine.

Thanks for help, in this thread