Thread: Catalog as a flash gallery

New user

Default Catalog as a flash gallery

Hi,

I'm trying to use Catalog module as a flash gallery. So I need to generate(update) xml file every time I add a new photo.

But I don't know where to hook the function to save files.

Any suggestions? Thank you for your help

Experienced user

Default Re: Catalog as a flash gallery

Well the catalog has it's own XML output with RSS feeds, but that may not be the correct format. You can re-format that to create the necessary XML for your requirements. If you're trying to attach the XML to a field, then it's as simple as just adding it to a save_callback in the DCA. You can look at the config file to see how to do that. It's similar to the standard save_callback for Contao, so that's not anything directly to do with the Catalog then.

New user

It's too difficult for me. Which file, in DCA folder, should I edit. I would like to add a method "save_callback" to the field file.
    I need a separate xml file for each gallery.

Experienced user

You'll have to add an extension to the catalog to make it have a savecallback. Since the Catalog's DCA is virtual, you cannot directly attach that. You'll have to make a new field type that is a copy of the image_gallery type, add it's palette and make THAT have a save_callback...

Why not just use the DFGallery flash file and use that template to see how the XML was auto-created int the template from the gallery input (CE_dfGallery).

New user

Maybe you should use a ready flash gallery.. Lots of them are distributed for free..for example this one flash photo gallery