Thread: Template for Tableless Form in Form Generator

User

Default Template for Tableless Form in Form Generator

I'm looking for the file to edit to add a div class to the tableless layout in form generator. This is what I get after creating a form and choosing "Tableless"

<label for="ctrl_10" class="mandatory"><span class="invisible">Mandatory field</span> First Name<span class="mandatory">*</span></label><input type="text" name="first_name" id="ctrl_10" class="text mandatory" value="" />

<label for="ctrl_11" class="mandatory"><span class="invisible">Mandatory field</span> Last Name<span class="mandatory">*</span></label><input type="text" name="last_name" id="ctrl_11" class="text mandatory" value="" />

What I would like to do is float these left so I can get a two column form created. My thought was to add div's around the labels and respective input fields, but I can't find where to do this?

<div class="float_left"><label for="ctrl_10" class="mandatory"><span class="invisible">Mandatory field</span> First Name<span class="mandatory">*</span></label><input type="text" name="first_name" id="ctrl_10" class="text mandatory" value="" /></div>
    <div class="float_left"><label for="ctrl_11" class="mandatory"><span class="invisible">Mandatory field</span> Last Name<span class="mandatory">*</span></label><input type="text" name="last_name" id="ctrl_11" class="text mandatory" value="" /></div>

Can anyone help?
    Thanks

Experienced user

Default Re: Template for Tableless Form in Form Generator

Create a new template for form_widget.tpl. I recently did this to get sliding labels to work. Here's the code I used:

Code:
    <?php if (!$this->tableless): ?>
      <tr class="<?php echo $this->rowClass; ?>">
        <td class="col_0 col_first"><?php echo $this->generateLabel(); ?></td>
        <td class="col_1 col_last"><?php echo $this->generateWithError(); ?></td>
      </tr>
    <?php else: ?>
      <div class="slider">
      <?php echo $this->generateLabel(); ?> 
      <?php echo $this->generateWithError(); ?>

</div>
    <?php endif; ?>

Experienced user

The form Generator has a field type "html code".
    Can't you just insert 3 of these in your form to wrap your fields?

<div class="float_left">
    your firstname field
    </div><div class="float_left">
    your lastname field
    </div>

Experienced user

I did just what ramjet mentioned on http://localdipity.com/contact.html. But the code from above automatically applied the div wrappers on the label and fields, as you can see at http://www.researchdesignassociates....v/contact.html.

User

Thanks Ben and ramjet, both of these solutions are working great! Thanks again