Thread: countdown not working v2.9.1

User

Default countdown not working v2.9.1

Okay,

I'm trying to get the "countdown" extension working in Contao v2.9.1 installed on a Linux/Apache server.

1. The syntax in the Extension Repository for the example appears to be wrong. Example given is

{?{countdown::2009-12-24::Only %s days until christmas!::Christmas 2009 is over[}]

It appears that the example syntax is incorrect, an earlier version of the countdown shows double braces at the end:

{?{countdown::2009-12-24::Only %s days until christmas!::Christmas 2009 is over}}

2. When I install either version of the syntax above in an HTML article element, or a module, the module fails and displays the code instead of the number of days remaining.

3. If I test a standard inserttag on the same page as "countdown", as in

{{env:age_title}}</p>

{?{countdown::2010-10-23::Only %s days until Fall Festival!::Christmas 2009 is over}}</p>

the syntax for the page_title returns the correct page title, while the countdown extension fails and only displays the code.

4. If I try to insert the countdown syntax into a new custom inserttag field, an error appears saying there can be "no white space" in an inserttag. Could this be causing the problem with "countdown"?

5. Right it seems that countdown is NOT compatible with 2.9.1, anybody have any suggestions here?

Ernest McDermon
    Snellville, GA

Experienced user

Default Re: countdown not working v2.9.1

With regards to 4.
    make sure you DO NOT cut and paste an insert tag, as this can carry unwanted hidden characters I beleive.
    Write the inserttag in by hand, ( and I'd imagine }} at the end is correct)
    Again haven't had any reason to install countdown, as I hate Christmas!!

User

Thanks ramjet...I appreciate the feedback, but I copy and paste code into Windows Notepad or Dreamweaver CS5 to clear out formatting issues and to prevent inserting incorrect code or (MS styling calls) like you see when copying from the screen into Word or Wordpad. IMHO this is NOT the problem here.

Is there anyone out there who is actually USING this extension with Contao 2.9.1. and can help with the problem I'm reporting?

Experienced user

I copy and paste code into Windows Notepad
    This is more likely to CAUSE formatting issues than PREVENT them I am told :shock:
    I'd suggest to at least try writing it in by hand :D
    Also you might want to try Notepad++ as a text editor, its free and a fantastic tool.

User

Not in my experience.

I'm really interested in hearing from someone who is actually using the countdown extension with Contao 2.9.1 on a Linux/Apache server to see if they're experiencing the same issue that I've documented above.

Thanks for your input though.