Thread: catalog

New user

Default catalog

i try to use catalog module. (contao 2.9.1)

- i have classic items (products) : name, family (category), type (subcategory), description, image.
    - i use taxonomy for the categories (family and type of product).

1-> i missed to display items depending on one category (family) on a page witout using filter module.
    How can i have list of item who are tied to family "YYY" ?

2-> i have a mistake with the image : i can select this one, see it in item resume in backend../ but nothing display on frontend... why ?

3-> i want to use catalog navigation but nothing display. (?)

Who can help me on those troubles.
    thanks,

laurent (FR).

User

Default Re: catalog

Salut Laurent,
    I don't know if you're still working on this, but in case someone else has the same issue...
    1. When you set up a module for a Catalog List it gives you the option for "Condition" that you can fill in values that must be met in the items that are visible. I'm not sure how you are using it, but my example is:
    I work for an independent school. We have courses listed for every grade from maternel to grade 12. One one page I wanted all the elementary (maternel to grade 9) courses listed and on another page all the secondary courses. I made two catalog list modules. One has a condition entered as hs_elem = 'elem' where hs_elem is the field name and the 'elem' is the value for Elementary School classes that I am looking for. The other module has the opposite hs_elem = 'hs' for the Secondary School classes.
    So you'll want to put the field name = value you are looking for in the Condition box under Field Filters section in the setup for a Catalog List module.

2. I don't know about this one as I have never used images in my catalogs. Sorry.

3. I would use the Catalog List module to achieve a filtered list of items without using a Catalog Filter module.

Bonne Journee