Thread: need help urgently

New user

Default need help urgently

hi there,
    until a couple of days ago (last time i checked) our webpage ran smoothly without any hickups, now today a client calls me up and says he cannot display the page at all. when i type in the url (http://www.k18.at) i now get:

An error occurred while executing this script!
    If you are a TYPOlight user, contact the administrator of your website.
    Open file system/logs/error.log and search for a corresponding entry.
    Open file system/config/localconfig.php and add the following line:
    $GLOBALS['TL_CONFIG']['displayErrors'] = true;
    Visit the TYPOlight FAQ page or search the TYPOlight forum.

what is going on here? I did get the error log as advised, but that doesn't get me any further when trying to pinpoint the problem. it says:
    [2010-10-18 08:54:36] Cannot read local configuration file system/config/localconfig.php!
    [18-Oct-2010 08:54:36] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'Could not connect to database (Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysqld.sock' (2))' thrown in /homepages/36/blahblahblah/system/libraries/Database.php on line 76

any help?

New user

Default Re: need help urgently

ok, so i copied an old version of the localconfig.php, which we had stored locally for backup purposes to the server and now everything seems to run fine again.
    question remains: why on earth did that file get deleted on the server in the first place? i did not change anything at all during the last couple of months really... :?:

Experienced user

Chances are your mysql server was down.
    EDIT: sorry, didn't see this....
    [2010-10-18 08:54:36] Cannot read local configuration file system/config/localconfig.php!
    so no idea sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by wizzackr
    question remains: why on earth did that file get deleted on the server in the first place? i did not change anything at all during the last couple of months really... :?:
    Are you using the "Safe Mode Hack (SMH)"? As I have already seen in the German forum, there are some people with similar problems regarding an empty or incomplete local configuration file.

A possible cause for the problem could be the so-called "poor man's cron" (page template), which under certain circumstances can run into some "race conditions"...

The problem could also be caused by an rather full web space with not enough memory left to save the time-stamps in the configuration file.
    Contao Community Moderator
    → Support options