Thread: Mini Cart

User

Default Mini Cart

Hi,

I want to have a mini cart on my page, but I only want to show the number of items in the cart.
    I've tried to use <?php echo count($this->products); ?> in a custom template but this only shows how many individual items are in the cart. ie, if I have 2 products but have a quantity of 5 for one of them - 6 items, the above code only shows 2.
    Is there a variable that will give me total quantity of all products in the cart? Or will I need to use some custom php to add everything up?

Thanks

James

Default Re: Mini Cart

Try this:

Code:
    <?php $qty=0; ?>
    <?php foreach($this->products as $product): ?>
    	<?php $qty += $product['quantity']; ?>
    <?php endforeach; ?>
    <?php echo $qty; ?>
    You can get it with $this->Isotope->Cart->items within the module, but since it is not currently assigned to the template object within the module, not sure it can be grabbed like that. I will add a ticket and see if we can get this added so it can be referenced like $this->items...

User

Thankyou

User

Hi!
    Another question about miniCart: when i have no items in cart, i see message like this "There are no items in your cart" istead of cart modile.
    How can i add this message to card module and saw it regardless of the number of items in cart?