Thread: PHP Fatal Error

New user

Default PHP Fatal Error

PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'Query error: Table './XXXXXXX/tl_search' is marked as crashed and should be repaired.
    The error refers to line 642 in dtabase.php

/path/system/libraries/Database.php on line 642

This happens randomly in Contao 2.9.1 installs (2 sites on different servers). One of the installs does not even have "search" enabled in front-end.

A simple SQL statement to repair table fixes the issue. My question - why would this happen? and is there any permanent solution?

Experienced user

Default Re: PHP Fatal Error

I never get this error, so

1) you have a bad extension
    2) your database on the server isn't properly configured by the hosting provider, or they have disk errors causing database problems.

New user

asap,

You should repair this table:

1. If you have phpMyAdmin, just select repair action for table (from the DB view or from TABLE/Operations).
    2. If you have not phpMYAdmin http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/ ... epair.html

User

I ran into a query error after installing an extension... so definitely some extensions are messing with the the database more than it should. In my case it was the Helpdesk extension (kinda ironic that "Helpdesk" would give you problems instead of solutions eh? :lol: )

New user

Thanks for your responses. For now I have resolved thru "repair table". Shall review extensions.