Thread: Default Class Directory? [SOLVED]

User

Default Default Class Directory? [SOLVED]

I'm trying to find the default "class" directory so I can see what all the pre-defined css classes are in Contao. Given that "/html" is my root folder, where would i change directory to in order to find it?

Thanks!

~Mecha

imported_Nina
    Gast

Default Re: Default Class Directory?

There is no "Class"-directory.

Are you talking about CSS-classes? If yes, just start using Firebug (firefox extension). That way you can easily see the available classes.

User

i want to be able to edit the default css classes assigned in contao. e.g. change the default link, active, hover, visited for the mod_navigation. Having a hard time manipulating this using the standard CSS input and I think it's because of the default css class assigned to mod_navigation. If you know a work around, I would be extremely grateful. Thx!

~Mecha

Official Contao Team

Hi Mecha,

you can use the extension csseditor and do it in a way I can suggest:

Develop with Firefox and the powerful AddOn Firebug.

Define your css files in the backend, switch to the frontend views and open live editing in a separate Firebug window.
    Edit all styles needed and copy-paste them then in the backend by using the csseditors function to paste it into the editing window. Save the css file and Contao generates the database entries and writes an updated css file into the root.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    kind regards planepix

Official Contao team member - Official Contao partner
    workshop contao conference site 2011
    workshop contao conference site 2012

User

Firebug definitely helps with reading the CSS code across the page. Thanks for that!

This is the headache I'm having though. I'm attempting to create the same effect as the navigation menu on this website: http://www.creditpartners.com/ I'm using content boxes with the navigation module in it and am trying to assign 'link''visited''hover''active' attributes to the navigation module's individual rows w/ 'a:link {color:#ffffff etc.}' . When I attempt to assign the attributes directly to the content box module or navigation module, nothing happens...

I created a stylesheet with selector 'a:hover', with all the attributes I want, and it works beautifully... but it effects every link on the page (obviously cause a stylesheet is connected to an entire layout). Is there a way to narrow that 'a:hover' attribute to specify only for the individual rows of the mod_navigation without effecting any other links on the website? If that can be answered, all of my problems would be fixed! And the reason for asking about the default CSS Class attributes assigned to the modules is that if I can access it, I can just change the CSS code pertaining to the class assigned to the hover attribute for the navigation module, and I wouldn't have to do anything else.

Although I have been doing a lot of customization and tweaking with the stylesheets and am very familiar already with how Contao works, I need specifics because I'm still only 2 weeks into using Contao (just in case if I missed something simple). Thanks!

~Mecha

Official Contao Team

Hi Mecha,

sure you can write css more specific like:
    Code:
    #header .mod_navigation a:hover
    so than it affects only in header and only for the module navigation menue.

So when your main navigation is in left column write
    Code:
    #left .mod_navigation
    to make changes and effects only in left column and for the navigation.

So if you need to make your css for specific you can use the divs name first (#left, #main or #header) and the css class for the module you want to assign (in this case it's .mod_navigation) the css definitions.
    kind regards planepix

User

OMG TY! So simple... can't believe I didn't even think to assign multiple selectors for it. Worked perfectly. THANKS!

~Mecha

Official Contao Team

Default Re: Default Class Directory? [SOLVED]

Hi Mecha, great. Happy Contao.
    kind regards planepix