Thread: XHTML validation

User

Default XHTML validation

Afternoon all

Does Isotope fail XHTML 1.0 Strict validation because it uses the name attribute in a form tag? Can this be fixed in future versions without breaking functionality?

Tom

User

Default Re: XHTML validation

Another validation errors - the product list places a div inside a span:

Code:
    <span id="images_5_thumbnailsize"><div class="image_container">[img]isotope/p/product1.jpg[/img]</div>
    </span>
    Perhaps a little work on compliance could be done for the next version? Probably not a very difficult job.

Tom

Yep, we plan on tidying things up as we go... If we could post all known validation issues either here or in the Project Manager that would be great...

User

I have this error also. Is there a template or a file in Isotope that is throwing this error that I could go ahead and modify to get a client's site to validate? This should be an easy fix but I can't seem to locate the file that is generating this error involving the image_container class being nested inside a span.

Any advice would be appreciated as to where this code is inserted into the system.

Ernest McDermon
    Snellville, GA

Quote Originally Posted by tomchadwin
    Another validation errors - the product list places a div inside a span:

Code:
    <span id="images_5_thumbnailsize"><div class="image_container">[img]isotope/p/product1.jpg[/img]</div>
    </span>
    Perhaps a little work on compliance could be done for the next version? Probably not a very difficult job.

Tom

Official Contao Team andreas.schempp's Avatar

The <span> issue should be fixed in 1.3. Regarding the form name attribute, this is required for Firefox to behave correctly... I don't worry about it very much as Contao is switching to HTML5 (and I suppose the name attribute is allowed there).
    terminal42 gmbh
    We are Contao Premium-Partner! For Isotope eCommerce support check out the Isotope Circle.

User

Thanks. I'll keep looking for the next update.

Ernest McDermon
    Snellville, GA