Thread: extension manager not populated

New user

Default extension manager not populated

I recently moved a contao site from a local host to my isp. I ftp'd the directory structure to the isp site then used phpadmin to retore the database. The site is behaving properly but when I open Extension Manager - no extensions are shown. I have tried updating the database from extension manager and using install.php.

The 'tl_repository_installs' (mysql) table appears to be empty while the 'tl_repository_instfiles' table is populated ok. Have I missed a configuration step?

Just attempted to update via install.php again and now see the following:
    The database is not up to date!

Please note that the update assistant has only been tested with MySQL and MySQLi drivers. If you are using a different database (e.g. Oracle), you might have to install or update your database manually. In this case, please go to system/modules and search all its subfolders for config/database.sql files.

Code:
    Change existing columns
    	Select all
    ALTER TABLE `tl_module` CHANGE `box_column` `box_column` varchar(100) NULL default '';
    ALTER TABLE `tl_module` CHANGE `defaultContent_column` `defaultContent_column` varchar(100) NULL default '';
    ALTER TABLE `tl_module` CHANGE `defaultContent_css_class` `defaultContent_css_class` varchar(100) NULL default '';
    ALTER TABLE `tl_boxes` CHANGE `title` `title` varchar(255) NULL default '';
    ALTER TABLE `tl_boxes` CHANGE `headline` `headline` varchar(255) NULL default '';
    ALTER TABLE `tl_calendar_events` CHANGE `tt_bg_color` `tt_bg_color` varchar(6) NULL default '';
    ALTER TABLE `tl_calendar_events` CHANGE `tt_fg_color` `tt_fg_color` varchar(6) NULL default '';
    This occurs repeatedly - Not sure where to try next.

User

Default Re: extension manager not populated

Did you try to fill the empty table with the content from the previous host. It shouldn't be empty there...

New user

Default Re: extension manager not populated

Thanks for the reply
    Further checks indicated that there may be some corruption or invalid field types - possibly due to some legacy outdated extensions. ( Boxes and Calendar Events look like the likely suspects) I'll set up a copy on my local server and try your suggestion updating a few records at a time to try and isolate the problem.

Thanks again