Thread: [i18nl10n] Multilanguage Pages

User

Default [i18nl10n] Multilanguage Pages

Has anyone else had experience with this module http://www.contao.org/extension-list/vi ... 29.en.html

I've tried installing it, and followed the installation instructions, but I got stuck where the menu names do not change when I switch languages. Perhaps I do something wrong, but the documentation is incomplete on this.

I like that someone is trying to make multilingual easier to maintain. I found some clients do not get the changelanguage approach where in translations you have to select the corresponding page in the fallback language. But putting in all the content elements in the same list is not really that much easier to maintain :? At the moment I have no good suggestion to make on this part and I don't know if the author is interested in idea's from others. But I'd like something to make managing multiple languages easier! :P

Default Re: [i18nl10n] Multilanguage Pages

Quote Originally Posted by Vera
    I've tried installing it, and followed the installation instructions, but I got stuck where the menu names do not change when I switch languages. Perhaps I do something wrong, but the documentation is incomplete on this.
    Do you have created new (language) pages for all your other languages like described here: https://bitbucket.org/k.berov/i18nl10n/ ... _to_a_page ?
    There you can enter an appropriate page name which appears then in your navigation menu.

Quote Originally Posted by Vera
    But putting in all the content elements in the same list is not really that much easier to maintain :?
    In this point I agree with you too. In this context, I like the approach of the extension "translation".
    Contao Community Moderator
    → Support options

User

Default Re: [i18nl10n] Multilanguage Pages

I followed that guide precisely; does not seem to work as expected

I'll try the other extension. But I think I might have tried that, forgotten if I did ops: