Thread: Problem with CSS menu theme "Die kommunikationsabteilung"

New user

Default Problem with CSS menu theme "Die kommunikationsabteilung"

Good morning fellow Contao users,

I've got a little problem with my CSS menu. I have downloaded the free theme "Die kommunikationsabteilung"
    You can see the theme here: http://themes.contao-agentur.de/ka-classic/
    As you can see there are spaces between the menu items. Now i have edited the theme to my own style, but the spaces have disappeared...
    You can see my edited theme here: http://www.jandehaas.com

I think the space is created in this line of the style sheet:

#navmain li a,#navmain span.active,#navmain li.parent a{float:left;margin-right:4px;padding:0.4em 10px;}

But when edited or imported into Contao the margin-right:4px disappears...
    I have pasted the style sheet into the TL_files directory and imported into the database. I have selected this CSS file for the theme layout and it works. I can edit the file in the Contao CSS editor, but when i add this line, it never works and is gone when I reopen the file... I can make other adjustments, like fonts or colors.

What can i do to fix this problem?

Thanks in advance,

Kind regards,

imported_Nina
    Gast

Default Re: Problem with CSS menu theme "Die kommunikationsabteilung

You are correct, the "margin-right: 4px;" is missing.

So what do you mean with "It's gone after I reopen it"?

-> In the backend you go to layout > themes > CSS and click on the edit-button of the CSS-file.
    -> You edit the entry for "#navmain li a, #navmain span.active, #navmain li.parent a " by adding a "4" in the field for margin right and you choose "px" from the dropdown next to it? Than you save everything.
    -> Contao will write this information in the database and will update the CSS-file in the root of your webspace (don't change directly in this CSS-file but only in the backend-editor!).
    -> It maybe takes a few seconds until it updates the CSS-file in the root area. You can speed that up if you go to system > maintenance and "purge the data".

If your Contao installation is correct (e.g. Contao is able to manipulate the files) this should work.

By the way: As far as I know you are not allowed to remove the backlink to the original designer (Kommunikationsabteilung) in the footer. If you want to remove it anyway, contact these people and ask them if you can pay some fee so that you are allowed to remove it.

New user

@ Nina:

Thank you very much, it works now!

I did not edit the CSS in an external program, but I used the downloaded CSS editing extension. In this extenstion i changed the margin to 4 px and saved. But somehow it dit not really save my changes. In the standard backend CSS editor however, it works fine. So problem fixed and I will use the backend editor from now on! Which is al lot easier to use than I first thought.
    Guess i was a bit tired last night

In regard to your last remark: I was unaware of this and will change it.

Thanks for your help and my compliments for this great CMS and support!

Kind Regards,

Maarten

imported_Nina
    Gast

Quote Originally Posted by maartendehaas
    Thanks for your help and my compliments for this great CMS and support!
    Glad I could help.