Thread: Single-item products

User

Default Single-item products

Hello again

Does Isotope handle stock levels? The test/demo site I am setting up is for second-hand books. By definition, each product listed will have only one copy available. The quantity handling is therefore not required, and I need to get rid of it. Is this possible?

Thanks

Tom

Default Re: Single-item products

Hi Tom-

We do have a preliminary Inventory management module created, but it is still going through some testing.

I would suggest simply removing the quantity field from the template or setting it to "1" in a hidden field. I believe Isotope will even add a single product to the cart if not quantity is specified, so you may be able to simply remove it from the template entirely.

User

Yup. Removing the quantity field fron the product reader template did the job perfectly - it does default to a quantity of one.

Many thanks

Tom

User

Sorry - this still fails in one way: clicking Add to cart a second time adds one to the quantity if the item is already in the cart. Any way to remedy this?

Thanks

Tom

Hi Tom-

This would need to be done with a custom "Add to Cart" button I believe. Been swamped all week but I will see if I can post a solution for you soon...