Thread: Unable to Access Contao.org

Experienced user

Default Unable to Access Contao.org

Has anyone else had intermittent difficulty connecting to the site?

What has been happening to us lately is:

1. I try to access the extension catalog or extension manager through the backend.
    2. After a long pause, I get a SOAP error message.
    3. For a period of time after that, I am unable to access extensions, and cannot even access the main Contao.org site (says "server is taking too long to respond").

I'm wondering if there is something wrong with our SOAP extension -- for whatever reason it's interacting with the server in a way that the server thinks is malicious, and then blocks our IP for a set period of time.

During this, I'm still able to access everything normally from outside our network.

Has this occurred to anyone else? Any possible ideas would be more than welcome.

Thanks!
    Brian

imported_Nina
    Gast

Default Re: Unable to Access Contao.org

2. After a long pause, I get a SOAP error message.
    Which SOAP error message do you get?

I'm wondering if there is something wrong with our SOAP extension
    Which extension are you talking about? Or do you mean the PHP extension "SOAP" on your webserver? Maybe there's some kind of firewall on your webserver?

Experienced user

SOAP in the E.R. is just frightfully slow. I mean I have to wait like 10 - 20 seconds sometimes just for the main screen to come up. I suggested an upgrade to immediately show the extensions (to allow immediate DB update), and then a "loading" icon next to each extension as it checks it's compatibility (like ajax). This would radically improve the appearance of responsiveness of the E.R.. Since Peter left, I doubt this will see the light of day...

New user

I am basically having the same issue when I try to open the extension catalog or manager, except I am running on MAMP, downgraded the php version from 5.3.2 to 5.2.13 and it seemed to be better but still happens when I try to open an extension, to download it, or install it...

here's the error message:

Warning: SoapClient::__doRequest() [soapclient.--dorequest]: connect() failed: Operation timed out in /Users/name/Sites/site name/system/modules/rep_client/RepositoryBackendModule.php on line 216
    #0 [internal function]: __error(2, 'SoapClient::__d...', '/Users/name/Site...', 216, Array)
    #1 [internal function]: SoapClient->__doRequest('#0 [internal function]: SoapClient->__doRequest('

Experienced user

Yeah that's essentially the same error I get (sorry for not following up sooner).

According to the people that would know, it is not a firewall issue on our end.

Our plan from here is to wait for it to pop up next and dig into the system logs and such.
    Brian