Thread: Custom Borders

User

Default Custom Borders

Is there a way to say assign custom borders to a column? For example, I have small jpeg snippets that I would like to use as a border around #left. I've made them into 2 separate jpegs: one for top and bottom... another for left and right. In the past, I've just used them as "background images" and repeated them, but you can only attach 1 background to any single element, so I had to make 3 other elements that were just there to support the border, and set them around the edge of the column.

Any pain-free solutions?

~Mecha

Experienced user

Default Re: Custom Borders

Code:
    <div id="left">
    <div class="inside">
    <div class="top"></div>

<?php echo $this->left; ?>

<div class="bottom"></div>
    </div>
    </div>
    You can then style the LEFT, INSIDE and TOP, BOTTOM with backgrounds. Depending on the effect, you might need to move the top and bottom to outside the INSIDE. If you are clever you can get away with just LEFT and INSIDE, using a single graphic that's just very tall, and top-align it to LEFT (with a top padding) and bottom-align it to INSIDE. That's the quickest way to get only 1 image to do all the work. If it's a simple image, even a PNG will be very small... (png's render pixel perfect, jpg's don't).

User

do i input this into the <head> tag on the layout?

Experienced user

No what I wrote below is a extract of the LEFT section in your fe_page.tpl template (which you first need to make a duplicate using the Templates module)