Thread: setting up editors and publishers

User

Default setting up editors and publishers

We would like to have a group of backend users who should be able to edit existing articles, but not publish them. Then we have another group of user who should have rights to edit and publish the articles. What are the steps in Contao for the scenario where the editor user makes changes to an existing article and the publisher needs to view these changes and then publish the article with the changes? I am not entirely sure how the publisher group would access the updated article.

Experienced user

Default Re: setting up editors and publishers

Those ones without publish rights should be setup so that the published start/stop fields are not assigned in the field matrix for the group. I'm just not sure how to do the publish icon, but if you haven't got the rights, it won't allow that either...

User

I set up the group's article fields as on the image below. However, the publish/unpublish option shows up and is functional. Unselecting the publish option also did not restrict editors from making changes and having these changes be published. Perhaps I misunderstood what you suggested?

[attachment=0:3k5ghc9d]ScreenShot007.jpg[/attachment:3k5ghc9d]

User

I found a thread that talks about the workflow feature, which is exactly that I am looking for viewtopic.php?f=9&t=275&hilit=workflow. It seems that workflow feature is not supported at this time.

User

Quote Originally Posted by tmikk
    I found a thread that talks about the workflow feature, which is exactly that I am looking for viewtopic.php?f=9&t=275&hilit=workflow. It seems that workflow feature is not supported at this time.
    Also found the feature request that and discussion around it: http://dev.contao.org/issues/614 .