Thread: Installation Issues

New user

Default Installation Issues

Hello

Trying to install Contao on a Windows Vista 32 bit with IIS 7.0.

I have installed PHP 5 Non-Thread-Safe and I am using FastCGI.

I can get the basic install.php to show but that is all. Clicking on the "Accept License" button only seems to resend the same screen. Clicking on "Contao back end login" now gives me the following:
    Code:
    Fatal error: Uncaught exception Exception with message Could not connect to database (Access denied for user 'ODBC'@'localhost' (using password: NO)) thrown in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\contao-2.9.1\system\libraries\Database.php on line 78
    #0 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\contao-2.9.1\system\libraries\Database.php(136): Database->__construct()
    #1 [internal function]: Database::getInstance()
    #2 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\contao-2.9.1\system\libraries\System.php(147): call_user_func(Array)
    #3 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\contao-2.9.1\system\libraries\Model.php(86): System->import('Database')
    #4 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\contao-2.9.1\system\modules\backend\BackendUser.php(73): Model->__construct()
    #5 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\contao-2.9.1\system\modules\backend\BackendUser.php(158): BackendUser->__construct()
    #6 [internal function]: BackendUser::getInstance()
    #7 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\contao-2.9.1\system\libraries\System.php(147): call_user_func(Array)
    #8 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\contao-2.9.1\contao\index.php(61): System->import('BackendUser', 'User')
    #9 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\contao-2.9.1\contao\index.php(145): Index->__construct()
    #10 {main}
    after turning on display errors in localconfig with
    Code:
    $GLOBALS['TL_CONFIG']['displayErrors'] = true;
    The MySQL install is completely new and apart from installing it all I have done is created a new user called "contao" to be the user for running Contao.

Ideas please as the demo version I played with on-line I was impressed with. Would ideally suit my local community organisation.

Cheers

Default Re: Installation Issues

Hi sbenson,

it could be a problem with access rights, i.e. local configuration file "localconfig.php" not writable.

Run on your installation the Contao System Check Tool to check whether you need the Safe Mode Hack (SMH) or not.

If this is a local installation on your own PC, why not using XAMPP?
    Contao Community Moderator
    → Support options

New user

Resolved after a fashion.

Stopped using IIS and installed Apache 2. Spent hours gettting PHP working as the necessary DLL file was not part of either an MSI or a ZIP file.

All good now so am I learning how to use CMS.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sbenson
    Stopped using IIS and installed Apache 2.
    Of course, that is always the best you can do!
    → Support options

New user

Hi, I am having a similar issue installing Contao on my client's server. I can't get past the license screen. Just refreshes the page when I hit accept.

I ran the contao check file and it says I have to run in safe mode. I've never encountered this problem before. I tried adding the FTP code to my local config file but I'm not sure what I should do after this step? Does this code go above or below the:
    ### INSTALL SCRIPT START ###
    ### INSTALL SCRIPT STOP ###
    $GLOBALS['TL_CONFIG']['useFTP'] = true;
    $GLOBALS['TL_CONFIG']['ftpHost'] = '';
    $GLOBALS['TL_CONFIG']['ftpPath'] = '';
    $GLOBALS['TL_CONFIG']['ftpUser'] = '';
    $GLOBALS['TL_CONFIG']['ftpPass'] = '';
    $GLOBALS['TL_CONFIG']['licenseAccepted'] = true;

I ran the install tool again and I get errors below the license. Please help.

Experienced user

Did you also fill in ftp login information? I'm not sure that is really the problem.

Are you comfortable with PHP? I'd try to "echo __FILE__ . ': ' . __LINE__; exit;" the install tool form the first line up to the point where the redirection keeps going on. That's where the problem lies and you could figure out why it keeps doing that. I'm afraid I'm not of much more help then this

Quote Originally Posted by sarahlynndesign
    Does this code go above or below the:
    $GLOBALS['TL_CONFIG']['useFTP'] = true;
    $GLOBALS['TL_CONFIG']['ftpHost'] = '';
    $GLOBALS['TL_CONFIG']['ftpPath'] = '';
    $GLOBALS['TL_CONFIG']['ftpUser'] = '';
    $GLOBALS['TL_CONFIG']['ftpPass'] = '';
    All these config variables must be between the two INSTALL SCRIPT tags, i.e.
    Code:
    $GLOBALS['TL_CONFIG']['useFTP']  = true;
    $GLOBALS['TL_CONFIG']['ftpHost'] = 'domain.com';
    $GLOBALS['TL_CONFIG']['ftpPath'] = 'httpdocs/';
    $GLOBALS['TL_CONFIG']['ftpUser'] = 'ab5678';
    $GLOBALS['TL_CONFIG']['ftpPass'] = '********';
    Replace the login details above with your own and take special care when entering the ftpPath, which is the relative path from the FTP root directory to the Contao folder (e.g. html/, public_html/ or httpdocs/).
    http://www.contao.org/using-the-safe-mode-hack.html
    → Support options

New user

Thanks, I actually got it working before you responded. I really appreciate knowing there will be help around when needed

Experienced user

Quote Originally Posted by sarahlynndesign
    Thanks, I actually got it working before you responded. I really appreciate knowing there will be help around when needed
    Also good to know there is a solution rather then a bug. How did you solve your problem?

New user

It was a file permissions error with the host. They wouldn't allow me to change to 777 via FTP. I had to "discover" it within their mess of a CP. But I followed most of the comments found here and they worked great! Thanks everyone.