Thread: Demo shop on isotope 0.2.2

User

Default Demo shop on isotope 0.2.2

I only just found out about Contao and Isotope.
    To get some experience with Isotope I tried to install the demo webshop on my newly created Contao setup (Contao 2.9.2 + Isotope 0.2.2) but I cannot import the isotope_demo_0.1.3.sql file into my SQL database.
    It fails with the message:
    Code:
    ERROR 1054 (42S22) at line 587: Unknown column 'option_list' in 'field list'
    which is the first INSERT into `tl_iso_attributes`. Seems likely this .sql file is for an older combination of Contao/Isotope.

Is there a way to get the demo shop running on the newest release ?
    I tried to setup everything myself but I noticed some nice stuff in the demo shop that I like to implement in our own shops and I am not experienced enough to do this yet.

... I have just been playing around with Contao for 2 days and it took me about 15 minutes to make a fresh installation of Contao with Isotope and get my first products to show (yes - that long :mrgreen: )
    Somehow I seem to have grasped the concept of Contao from looking at the MusicAcademy and I hope to be able to do a similar this with the demo shop.

Rob

User

Default Re: Demo shop on isotope 0.2.2

Sorry for this almost double post ...
    It took 2 days before this one got moderated and meanwhile I 'escaped' my moderated status by posting in another forum also ...

In the mean time there is a new demo.sql file (isotope_demo_0.2.2.sql) as I wrote in my other post:

viewtopic.php?f=36&t=2494

Please use that post only for replies.
    I propose that a moderator of this forum just deletes this one - there is no need to have two of the same posts from me hanging around.

Rob

Should be up there now, Rob... I put it up right after you posted this! :D

User

So I noticed.
    Thanks!

Next problem: I am getting errors when I try to add this file to a clean Isotope install:

Code:
    ERROR 1054 (42S22) at line 554: Unknown column 'show_files' in 'field list'
    There are some database tables that contain other fields than available in a clean 0.2.2 install. Could this be due to fields from previous isotope releases being obsolete in newer versions ?
    After fixing this there is still a problem with the missing .css files in the contao install root but since these are generated files ... :mrgreen:

demoshop is now working by performing the following actions:

• Install Contao 2.9.2[/*:m:2fh0w8vu]
    • using the extension manager search for isotope and install isotope + dependent modules.[/*:m:2fh0w8vu]
    • Copy all files from the isotope_demostore.zip into your contao install[/*:m:2fh0w8vu]
    • Drop all tables from the database (using phpMyAdmin, select all tables and in "with selected" do a "drop"[/*:m:2fh0w8vu]
    • Import the isotope_demo_0.2.2.sql into the (now empty) database[/*:m:2fh0w8vu]
    • Login into the backend as k.jones[/*:m:2fh0w8vu]
    • In the backend edit the stylesheets xIsotope and xLayout of the "Contao Open Source CMS" theme
      This will create the (missing) .css files in the install root of your contao install[/*:m:2fh0w8vu]
    • Now the demo store is working![/*:m:2fh0w8vu]
    • Before testing with this, change the email addresses:
      in the "E-mail manager" in the "Store configuration"
      and in the "SHOP - Checkout" front end module in the theme[/*:m:2fh0w8vu]

Nice piece of work - a fine example with the stylesheets as a very nice bonus.
    Thanks!

Rob

Hi Rob-

Yeah, the steps you outlined are exactly how someone is intended to get the demo shop up and running...

I guess I may need to write these up on the website so its a little more clear...

New user

Hi!

Thank you for this little tutorial! It works fine.

I only had to do one more step to see demostore working:

* Install Contao 2.9.2
    * using the extension manager search for isotope and install isotope + dependent modules.
    * Copy all files from the isotope_demostore.zip into your contao install
    * Drop all tables from the database (using phpMyAdmin, select all tables and in "with selected" do a "drop"
    * Import the isotope_demo_0.2.2.sql into the (now empty) database
    * Login into the backend as k.jones
    * In the backend edit the stylesheets xIsotope and xLayout of the "Contao Open Source CMS" theme
    This will create the (missing) .css files in the install root of your contao install
    I do not know what to edit here realy, i go to Themes-Contao Open Source CMS-CSS and edited both isotope entries and pressed save and back.

After that i did not see isotope. I had to go to Extension manager and do an Update check extensions to all listed elements. contao whants to drop a lot of isotope-tables but i did not...

* Now the demo store is working!
    * Before testing with this, change the email addresses:
    in the "E-mail manager" in the "Store configuration"
    and in the "SHOP - Checkout" front end module in the theme

perhaps it helps someone out there...

greets cybernaut

User

Hi Cybernaut,

I do not know what to edit here really
    I'm still learning ...
    The best solution to make sure that all the .css files are (re-)generated from the database is to go to the "System" -> "Maintenance" tab and under "Purge data" enable the "CSS files" and press on the "Purge data" button.
    This triggers the system to re-generate all CSS files when needed.

Just one warning: do not use this shop as a base for your own shop. If you want to create your own shop always start with a clean, up-to-date Contao system with the latest available stable Isotope version.
    If you want to use the CSS information from the demo shop, instead of re-typing everyting yourself, get the newly rebuild .css files (xIsotope.css and xLayout.css) from your running demo shop and import these using the CSS Import (available under "Layout" -> "Themes" click on the CSS icon to go to the edit style sheets section. You'll find the import at the top line just below the search).

Rob

Core developer
    Official Contao Team

Just a question about the installation process: why don't you use the "do not truncate tables" feature of the install tool?

1. (Assuming that you have Contao installed)
    2. Download the Isotope files as described
    3. Let the Contao install tool create the Isotope tables
    4. Export just the demo data to an SQL file (see music_academy.sql)
    5. Check the "do not truncate tables" option and import the SQL dump

This should preserve all the existing Contao data and just add the Isotope data. Advantages: you can add the demo to any existing Contao installation and it is probably a bit easier to use