Thread: Previous / Next navigator

Experienced user

Default Previous / Next navigator

Has anyone created a navigator to go on reader pages for going to the previous and next item? It would look something like this:
    <-- previous | next -->

I imagine that the best way to accomplish this is with a Catalog Listing module, where the template only selects the item before and after the selected item. I haven't started coding this, since I figured someone may have already accomplished this and might share the template. Otherwise, is there an extension that does this? (I haven't found one.)

Thanks for any help you guys (and girls) can offer!

Default Re: Previous / Next navigator

Hi Ben,
    the problem with this is the sorting mode of the catalog... there is nothing like that at the moment (official).
    Maybe you can make something with the List an mootools (sliding). But in an catalog with 1000 Items i don't see a nice way for that.
    It would be great when you can make something like that ^^

regards
    Mediendepot Ruhr
    For real-time chat the (inofficial) Chatroom in IRC:
    -> irc.freenode.net #contao | irc.freenode.net #contao.de

Experienced user

Default Re: Previous / Next navigator

I got an idea from Xtra yesterday to use a listing module as the reader, where it was set to only show 1 entry. Then, a modified pagination works for previous / next. In some situations, this would work perfectly. My problem is that I have a master detail list that you should also be able to move forward and backward. So if you went to domain.com/page/items/catalog-1.html and clicked next, it would bring you to the same url with ?page=2 at the end. This is okay if you start with the first item. If you go to catalog item #5 from the master list, the pagination still starts at #1.