Thread: New site I want to SEO

New user

Default New site I want to SEO

Hi, I've just had a new company site built by a developer who has designed the look and feel. I am uploading the content which I have to say is remarkably easy - even for me!

I have been doing a bit of reading on SEO. In the back end I can only see the option for the page title and description. Where do I add the meta tags etc? I really dont want to have to start to try tweaking the html - that could go horribly wrong!

Any other help and advise on SEO would also be greatly appreciated. If you are interested the site is http://www.insource-energy.co.uk/home.html

thanks in advance......

Experienced user

Default Re: New site I want to SEO

Articles contain keywords and there are some other auto-optimizations done within Contao, like News and Events, which create a fake reader page to read any entry -- this page auto-title and auto-description overrides the reader page's default values (so you really don't have to set them up).

You can also activate a sitemap in the ROOT page of your site).

Hi tim-e,

Quote Originally Posted by tim-e
    Where do I add the meta tags etc?
    If you want add additional meta tags you can do this in the back end module "Page layouts" (Themes), section "Expert settings" -> "Additional <head> tags"

For page-specific meta tags you can use the extension "header_code" too.
    Contao Community Moderator
    → Support options

Quote Originally Posted by tim-e
    Any other help and advise on SEO would also be greatly appreciated.
    Here's a list of - hopefully - useful extensions:

MetaTagSEO
    googlesitemap
    newssitemap
    → Support options

→ Support options

cont'd:

vcard
    keyworddensity
    tags

BTW: annoying forum software - is there a limit of links per reply?
    → Support options

User

Also, the designer might have disabled some fields for you like "keywords" which is in articles. There may be more options already available then you know :lol:

New user

What are the different ways of SEO to come into Google First page? I am doing off page optimization for my website but I want to know that what are the different way of SEO to come into Google First page. Can any SEO expert help me?

Handyortung
    Gast

I'm not an expert, but I can share something, backlinking really helps you a lot to optimise your site in different ways and one thing should always remember, that is quality content. Quality links refers to links (anchor text, direct link or other text link) along with quality content, for the visitor not for the search engine, not any offer, advertisement and have quality materials on target link pages. So when trying to backlink you must have quality content/articles on link sites as well as the sources.

User

Hello,

here are some tipps for technical optimisation:
    - Enable markup compression in the settings
    - Redirect /home.html to / (duplicate content for the start page)
    - Combine all CSS into one file (including inline CSS, German article on how to do this here, hope Google translate can help you understanding it)
    - Use Contao => 2.10 and new body classes for browsers to get rid of iefixes.css file
    - Use real cronjobs instead of poormans cron (might need a bigger hosting package)
    - Teaser latest blog articles on the web page

Provide additional high-quality content like check lists, tutorials, etc. for getting links and start linkbuilding with them.

Jan
    Free support only here in the forum.
    Please report bugs for my extensions using http://www.contao-forge.org. Thanks!
    Requests for Contao support and development please send mail to jan@theofel.de