Thread: Bitmap images (.bmp) don't show up

New user

Default Bitmap images (.bmp) don't show up

Hi there,

I'm using the catalog extension to display a large amount of icons and there associated information. The icons are designed in the last years and some of them are bitmaps. Unfortunately, the catalog extension is excluding these bmp-images. The span element, where the img-element will be placed usually, is empty (see examples below).

Initially, the bitmap file type was not under the supported file type list (System > Settings > Files and Images > Upload file types / Download file types / Image file types) and the bmp files won't be uploaded. After including bmp in above-named lists, the images are uploaded and listed in the file manager. But in opposition to png, jpg, etc., there are no thumbnails for the bitmaps shown up in the file manager - only the contao-icon for the bitmap file type: [attachment=0:16t09eme]iconBMP.gif[/attachment:16t09eme]
    Has anyone an idea what causes the problem?

--
    Regards
    HID

Working sample with png icon:
    Code:
    <td class="icon">
      <div class="value">
        <span class="image first even">
          [img]tl_files/07 Summary Lists/Icons/warning.png[/img]
        </span>
      </div>
    </td>
    Empty sample, where bmp icon should be placed:
    Code:
    <td class="icon">
      <div class="value">
        <span class="file first even">
        </span>
      </div>
    </td>

Default Re: Bitmap images (.bmp) don't show up

Hi,
    i don't know about a Problem with Bitmaps in the catalog. The catalog always use the core framework, so does it work in an normal article for you?
    When not i think there is a Problem in the file ore the server has Problems with Bitmap.

regards
    Mediendepot Ruhr
    For real-time chat the (inofficial) Chatroom in IRC:
    -> irc.freenode.net #contao | irc.freenode.net #contao.de

Experienced user

Default Re: Bitmap images (.bmp) don't show up

i recommend you immediately convert all your BMP files. These files are pretty useless. It's a Microsoft format that is uncompressed, so your files will be enourmous. Use PNG 8-bit or PNG24 for lossless compression, or if they are photos convert them to JPG. Trust me dump BMP as soon as you can.... It's an archaic format from the 80's