Thread: 2.9.2 - Database.php line 677

New user

Default 2.9.2 - Database.php line 677

Hi,

I get this error on updating from 2.9.1 to 2.9.2 .....

Too few arguments to build the query string thrown in /home/site/system/libraries/Database.php on line 677

#0 /home/site/system/libraries/Database.php(580): Database_Statement->replaceWildcards(Array)
    #1 /home/site/system/libraries/Database.php(164): Database_Statement->execute()
    #2 /home/site/contao/install.php(750): Database->execute('INSERT INTO `tl...')
    #3 /home/site/contao/install.php(1211): InstallTool->run()
    #4 {main}

Default Re: 2.9.2 - Database.php line 677

Hi xeberdee,

I would suggest to check your installation with the Contao System Check Tool. This is of course always a good idea if something is not working as it should.
    Contao Community Moderator
    → Support options

New user

Hi Xchs,

I did have some minor issues with the system check tool before I updated. The tool complained about ownership of files created by the install script - I changed ownership of files created on the server, but the result was the same. I don't think group ownership is the cause of the problem tho.

I'm probably going about updating my contao the wrong way. I tried both methods, but always seem to run into some problem. I don't understand how we can transfer and backup the content of a site without creating a website template with something like the backup database extention - AFAIK contao doesn't come with a default backup tool, and I no't about to try to update without some backup.

My problem is that the backup database extention has not been recommeded for a while, and now my method of updating is failing also.

I update by first making a theme export, then a full backup and a template of the site with the backup extention. Then I download all the files on the server, and save them with yet another SQL dump directly from myqsl or phpmyadmin if it's available.

I then delete the entire contents of the server and upload the new contao. I upload the tl_files, templates, modules and plugins from the previous version to the new version. Then I run the install script to modify the database.

I get the error, so I delete all tables in the database and run the install script to generate new tables - I choose the template of my website that I created earlier - I get the error.

I'm about to try removing all my extentions before I attempt to update to see if one of these is causing the problem.

New user

My problem is I'm just too lazy it seems.

I adopted removing the entire site because
    a) none of the other update methods worked at the time and I couldn't be bothered finding out why
    b) because I like to keep the server clean of all uneccessary files and can't be bothered sorting out what needs deleting.
    c) It's generally the quickest method and therefore suits my lazy attitude.

In this case I could just syncronize the new 2.9.2 on top of 2.9.1 and it updated contao ok, except that now my extention manager can't see the extentions that I had installed previously - they appear in the backend though and it's only the extention manager that can't see them.

:shock:

Contao Community Moderator
    → Support options