Thread: iDEAL payment module

Experienced user

Default iDEAL payment module

I've added an iDEAL basic/lite and iDEAL advanced/professional/zelfbouw module to the repository: http://www.contao.org/extension-list/vi ... ideal.html

If there is any trouble or questions about the extension you can ask here.

Experienced user

Default Re: iDEAL payment module

I think that the setup of a payment module will rise some questions and since I didn't write a manual yet here is a short howto...

1. First of all you need to install the extension (yes, really)[/*:m:3jrfhoof]
    2. You need to have an iDEAL account with your bank of choice. If you do not have one yet you can test using the simulator (http://www.ideal-simulator.nl). You'd best test with the type of iDEAL that you applied for.[/*:m:3jrfhoof]
    3. Advanced/Professional only: Generate the certificates needed. The simulator provides them, but for an actual account you need to generate your private key and certificate. This page explains how to generate the certificates: http://www.ideal-simulator.nl/ideal-pro ... caten.html
      Once generated you need to put the private certificate (*.cer), private key (*.key) and your banks public certificate (bankname.cer) in the same secured folder. The Contao filemanager can secure the folder. Just click on the lock symbol that is in between the other folder options. Or you just add your own .htaccess file in...[/*:m:3jrfhoof]
    4. Add the payment gateway and fill out all the fields with the information your bank provided. Some fields are in twice, one for testing the other for production. That's just to make it easier to switch.[/*:m:3jrfhoof]
    5. Make sure you select the correct shipping types. Also make sure you add the payment option to the checkout module so you can see it at checkout.[/*:m:3jrfhoof]

After that it should be working!

User

Before posting this, Ruud asked me to do some testing on this module.
    I used the iDeal simulator at http://ideal-simulator.nl/ to test iDeal Advanced.
    I did not test the iDeal Basic since this version is not safe: you always have to verify payment with the bank yourself. I do not recommend this since it is not fail safe. It is possible to return to the shop without actually performing payment.

The module is fairly straight forward, but a few things are worth mentioning:
    • at the moment the transfer to the customer's bank is being made, the order is made permanent and gets the new status.
      This prevents orders being lost when the customer does not return to the shop after completing payment.[/*:m:162g2eku]
    • after returning to the shop, the iDeal module will check with the bank if the payment is actually made.
      This check (called enquiry protocol in Rabobank iDeal Professional) is done from your shop directly with your bank/money provider without interaction from the customer. This protocol is believed to be safe.
      Note however that this is only for iDeal advanced.[/*:m:162g2eku]
    • when the customer does not return to your shop, the order stays in "pending" state (or processing when you set this in the payment gateway screen of the backend).
      This is the same state as when the customer does return to your shop so you always have to check if a payed date has been filled in. (I could not find an option to set a different status).[/*:m:162g2eku]
    • when payment fails and iDeal returns to the shop, the order is placed in status "On Hold".[/*:m:162g2eku]

There are different providers, like Mollie or TargetPay, who also offer iDeal solutions. Especially for a smaller shop or starters these can be cheaper than direct contracts with a bank. I am using TargetPay myself and during the next week or so Ruud and I will be adding TargetPay to this iDeal module.

I do not have a contract with a bank directly for iDeal so I was not able to test this. I am not sure Ruud has.
    so please let us know when you tested this with a particular bank. It would be good to have a list of confirmed good banks, if possible with some instructions how to fill in the different fields - not all banks use the same names for these fields ...

Thanks to Ruud for development of this module, it has been a pleasure looking at his code and testing/bugging this module :P

Regards, Rob

Experienced user

I haven't tested the module yet with an actual bank. But will do so soon. Rob was a great help in setting some processing functionality on the right track. He noticed a crucial problem in the extension and offered a solution. Hopefully we'll add TargetPay before the end of the year and Mollie after that to cover a larger area of the iDEAL options.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob65
    I did not test the iDeal Basic since this version is not safe: you always have to verify payment with the bank yourself. I do not recommend this since it is not fail safe. It is possible to return to the shop without actually performing payment.
    Just to clarify: iDEAL basic is 100% safe to use; payment happens at a secure site at your own bank. Rob refers to the fact that there is no secure communication of the bank possible back towards Isotope. Hence payment status can be faked by crafty customers. Your contract with the bank states that using iDEAL basic requires you to check payment status with the bank manually.

Experienced user

Updated to include templates (the names are fixed, but at least the content can now be altered). I added this after I needed it changed and realized that my changes could not be made without some form of templating or code changes...

Experienced user

I'm happy to say that finally I've been able to use my extension with an actual iDEAL server. Now for the first time I know that it actually works!!

Experienced user

I'd like to mention that I tried using iDEAL with a Rabobank advanced account. I got error messages even though I was using the exact same method that worked for other banks AND the simulator. Every piece of information I was supplying was correct and exactly what the Rabobank documentation said it should be. It worked when I used different information:

Rabobank:
    test environment: ssl://idealtest.rabobank.nl:443/ideal/iDeal
    production environment: ssl://ideal.rabobank.nl:443/ideal/iDeal

For a reason I don't understand some functions even didn't return logical value (strrpos returned 0 for a character that DOES exist at pos 5 (so I expected 5)) Perhaps I misunderstood the meaning of looking for ':' inside a string?

New user

Any news on the problems with Rabobank advanced?

In addition to this, has anyone yet tested whether Mollie and/or TargetPay work ase designed?

Experienced user

The two urls I posted are the solution to working with my iDEAL payment module and Rabonbank. I might attempt again to solve the other problem I mentioned later on. But the module will work with Rabobank professional...

ps, can we not disable that rating system? It is as if someone couldn't get the module to work and decided to award the topic a 1. But when properly configured the module works perfectly fine. I have it going on 3 sites and 2 different banks...

New user

Hi,

I know this topic is quite old, but it seems to be the right place for my question:

If there is any trouble or questions about the extension you can ask here.
    First of all, thanks Ruud for making the iDEAL extension available. I'm using it for a few months now (1.0.1) and it works fine with Rabobank iDEAL Lite. Once in while however, it happens that I receive a transaction success email from Rabobank, but the order is not visible in the backend isotope order list. If I look in the database, there is a record for the order in tl_isotope_orders, but the status field is empty. I can fix it by editing this field; the order then appears in the backend.

I asked some of the customers wether they did or saw anything out of the ordinary, but the say they didn't. Any idea on what can be the cause of this?

Experienced user

I had the same problem and reported it, Andreas replied: http://contao-forge.org/issues/2801

It could be the thing he fixed is responsible. In another store I had several clear cases where I could find no common possible problem for this issue to be related to any of the iDEAL code I wrote. The code has been reviewed by another, suppose I made a mistake then the other didn't catch that either.

Can you implement the changes that Andres refers to and then see if the problem happens again?
    This is the fix he mentiones: https://github.com/isotope/core/commit/ ... 84cf79a690