Thread: Product management

User

Default Product management

Hi guys,

i am fiddling around with the Isotope extension. Works as great and transparent as all other typolight (contao! just can't get used to it) extensions.

There is only one thing I am wondering. Do I maybe miss something with Product management? It seems little info i can give to a product. For instance items on stock (quantity) with maybe a notification when an item is low on stock?

And also i created a discount rule. But how do I add this to a product?

As said, maybe i am missing something!!
    thanks

User

Default Re: Product management

Hi,

stock control is currently not yet available in Isotope - I've read they are working on this but it is still in a preliminary phase.
    I cannot find when this will be released but there is a preliminary inventory module available (see http://projects.winanscreative.com/p...scussions/7154) - Note that this information is only available for those with a project manager login at http://www.isotopeecommerce.com/.
    - It's not for project managers but for those who want to follow and discuss the project.

Remember - that is preliminary work and still under development and discussion.

Regarding discount rules.
    If you want to add a discount rule to specific products, create a rule with the type "product" (at the top of the screen) and then set the "Product restrictions" at the bottom to "Specific products".
    Now you will see a search box just below this. In that box type (part of) the name or alias, do not press enter!
    This will show the product or a list of the products that match. Place a tick mark in the check boxes for all the products you want to apply this discount to.

You can also apply this discount to a full category (e.g. Women's shoes in the demo store) or a product type (e.g. Shoes).

I just noticed in my demo store setup that the discount is not always explicitly shown. For some products it does show a striked through price with the discount price below while for other products it will just show the discount price - but after selecting a product with color/size (the shoe store) it will show that this is a discount.
    This needs some further testing on a plain demo store (I've added some custom modules that might screw up things ...)

contao! just can't get used to it
    Have fun :!:
    It took me a few minutes to get used to it but I like this so much better over other CMSes that I keep wondering why I did not started using it before :roll:

Regards, Rob

User

Default Re: Product management

Hey Rob!

Super! Now I can add the discount to my products. It works like a charm!

Don't get me wrong about 'can't get used to contao'. I meant the name, not the cms. I have been using it for a couple of years now and I absolutely love it! Still learning and discovering! I am very happy with this ecommerce solution for Typo..... ehhhhh Contao ;-)

When i receive my password i'll check out the post concerning stock count.

Thanks again for your help!