Thread: Best Type of Server to Host a Contao Installation?

User

Default Best Type of Server to Host a Contao Installation?

Anyone here have a preference as to what kind of a server to use for a Contao Install? Any pros/cons over using a WAMP over LAMP or vise versa? Any tips for good practices of managing a web server with Contao installed(i.e. maintenance, cron jobs, etc.)?

Gonna be building a server at home soon for various reasons, including a test web server. So, I'll be able to work more with Contao and hopefully start working on my own sites. My father-in-law has been using Joomla for 3 years, and I'm hoping to get him interested in Contao so we can work together.

Experienced user

Default Re: Best Type of Server to Host a Contao Installation?

mechaflash,

It seems that people have far fewer issues using Contao on LAMP than Windows servers. That's about all the help I can offer, though.

User

I'm using a LAMP at work on my virtual test box and I haven't had any problems either. If that is the case, any preferred flavor of Linux for the install? I'm using CentOS atm.

From experience, LAMP works far better than WAMP. I have run into too many file permission issues with WAMP servers that I actually will not install my client's sites on WAMP. That's not to say that you can't do it and have the site work perfectly fine, of course, but my LAMP installs are almost always worry-free.