Thread: [Solved] RSS Feeds Oddity

User

Default [Solved] RSS Feeds Oddity

I have a site with a Calendar and a News section for an independent school. I have RSS feeds set up for each of them. In testing to show students and parents how to subscribe to RSS feeds for each item I have come across a very odd thing. The feed for the calendar works fine to subscribe to using Google and using the Thunderbird email client. The News feed works fine to subscribe using Google but in Thunderbird I get an error saying that the feed is not valid. Anyone have ideas as to what may be going on?? It just seems odd that it's inconsistent when they're set up the same.
    Thanks for your time

Experienced user

Default Re: RSS Feeds Oddity

Anyone have ideas as to what may be going on??
    Nope.
    Maybe post the feed links, content can cause it i think.

User

This is the feed that doesn't work in Thunderbird (says it "is not a valid feed.")
    http://www.estreams.ca/onlinenewsletter.xml

This is the feed that works everywhere
    http://www.estreams.ca/interior-events.xml

Thanks ramjet

Experienced user

<description><![CDATA[On the provincial exam students will need to use the formulas for volume and surface area of geometric solids to solve problems. These problems will not simply ask, "Find the volume of a sphere." They will require a student to preform multiple steps and sometimes use multiple formulas to fi nd solutions.]]></description>
    This may not show up above, but line 181 of your feed (quoted) character 319 is a hidden character that lives between the "i" and the "n" in the word "find"

formulas to fi nd solutions
    I have very good eyesight :D

This is the cause

User

Oh my freaking word. Are you for real! :shock: I can't believe you found that! Thank you so much. It works perfectly in Thunderbird.
    Stupendous!!