Thread: Please create a default store configuration.

Experienced user

Default Please create a default store configuration.

I just installed Isotope (haven't done more than install) but I notice that on EVERY other extension I have, including Core ones, there appears at the top an alert - "Please create a default store configuration."
    Just reporting this glitch.

Default Re: Please create a default store configuration.

Something must have happened during install. I think the runonce.php file creates a default config, but I could be wrong.

At any rate that will go away once you set up your config...

Experienced user

no biggie, but it shouldn't be interfering globally like that. cheers :D

Experienced user

Actually its worse than I thought.
    If I have a Form Generator form as a content element on a page, and no store configured yet a frontend error is thrown.
    Isotope isn't present anywhere - just installed only.

Fatal error: Uncaught exception Exception with message No store configuration available thrown in /x/system/modules/isotope/Isotope.php on line 121

#0 /x/system/modules/isotope/Isotope.php(64): Isotope->resetConfig()
    #1 /x/system/modules/isotope/Isotope.php(84): Isotope->__construct()
    #2 [internal function]: Isotope::getInstance()
    #3 /x/system/libraries/System.php(147): call_user_func(Array)
    #4 /x/system/libraries/Controller.php(2182): System->import('Isotope')
    #5 /x/system/modules/frontend/Form.php(95): Controller->loadDataContainer('tl_form_field')
    #6 /x/system/modules/frontend/Hybrid.php(152): Form->compile()
    #7 /x/system/modules/frontend/Form.php(74): Hybrid->generate()
    #8 /x/system/libraries/Controller.php(415): Form->generate()
    #9 /x/system/modules/frontend/ModuleArticle.php(173): Controller->getContentElement('88')
    #10 /x/system/modules/frontend/Module.php(129): ModuleArticle->compile()
    #11 /x/system/modules/frontend/ModuleArticle.php(71): Module->generate()
    #12 /x/system/libraries/Controller.php(348): ModuleArticle->generate(false)
    #13 /xsystem/libraries/Controller.php(221): Controller->getArticle('32', false, false, 'main')
    #14 /x/system/modules/frontend/PageRegular.php(71): Controller->getFrontendModule('0', 'main')
    #15 /x/index.php(198): PageRegular->generate(Object(DB_Mysql_Result))
    #16 /x/index.php(333): Index->run()
    #17 {main}
    I'll uninstall and reinstall Isotope and report back - but I think perhaps your method of alerting to "No Store Configuration" is hogging the system somehow.

Experienced user

On uninstall it told me runonce.php was not found.
    On reinstall (2.4) it still does the frontend error, and still reports no Store Configuration.

What is runonce.php.?
    Perhaps theres a reason this doesn't work for me?

User

Hi,

I just installed a new version to test this - same results as ramjet. I Installed Contao 2.9.3 and Isotope 0.2.4 stable.

The runonce.php file is a file that is run once during installation and it is also removed during install.
    After selection of the isotope module it shows an action summary telling you that isotope and some other modules will be installed. The runonce is in the /system directory after installing isotope but removed as soon as you press continue after the contao message that isotope is installed (message "213 file(s) installed").

The runonce.php does not create a default store config.
    This perfectly makes sense - how would runonce know what type of currency, which countries etc. to use.

The fact that uninstalling isotope shows that runonce.php is not found is also OK. It only has to be run ONCE during install or update and never ever again so it is deleted after installation.

The fact that you are getting an error message on a form is not OK - but I see the same error so i do not think this is a problem of your installation but a real bug.
    Indeed not a fatal problem since it disappears after creating a default store config but it is not nice that we present users with an error message on a live system. Note that the search function is also form based so installling isotope on a love system with a seach on the web pages (almost every page on my live site!) means that the website will stop working.

But is is a nice test for your templates/be_error.tpl - it makes sense to have this template on your site with a nice "oops, sorry" message and something like "please try again in a few minutes or contact webmaster @yoursite.com"

Up to now I have been spending all my time on layout and content - time to create some templates and 404/301 etc. pages ...

I see the issue now... I have added it to the ticket list and should be addressed in the next update.

User

Quote Originally Posted by winanscreative
    I see the issue now... I have added it to the ticket list and should be addressed in the next update.
    Always a pleasure to help out
    I've got too much to do to pick up some programming (and I don't think myself to be a good enough programmer ) but if I can help out by testing I'll give it a try.

Just remember that this is not critical, we should always be able to find a moment where such an error is not critical.
    It is good that ramjet identified this problem - good for all of us to know that installing isotope may impact normal site operations (that are easy to fix).

Rob

Experienced user

thanks guys...
    i thought it would present a problem if someone installs isotope and someone else configures it, but doesn't get round to it straight away (like me :D )